The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
10,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You see right through them and see the true asshole they really are.

How do you do it? Avoid the person as much as you can?

·
Registered
9,369 Posts
You see right through them and see the true asshole they really are.

How do you do it? Avoid the person as much as you can?
Nope not avoiding but confronting. The truth shall set you free.

I had a very close friend (35+) years try to pull the wool over my eyes! I bit my tongue because we were at a party. There were a few other things that have been stewing on the back burner as well. When the opportunity arose I just told her the way it was and that our friendship was not worth saving anymore because of the previous mentioned situations. I told her I was tired of her bullshit. She never even tried to deny anything either. That’s that.

I just called her out on things and told her the way it was. I am a little sad because of the BS she tried to pull on me but whatever, her supposedly “best” friend.

I will never sit idle and take anyone’s BS. Avoidance is not in my vocabulary.

You handle it the best you can. Avoidance may lead to resentment if your not already of that mindset.

·
Registered
9,369 Posts

I couldn’t smile and wave! I invested 2/3’s of my life in this sham of a supposed “best friend”friendship! No smile and wave for me! I had to get off my chest what was truly making me crazy.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I refuse to be a f "collectible" friend.
I do not spill energy at useless interpersonal discussions.
Just avoid those f friends collectors.

Reactions: Lola

·
Registered
74 Posts
I am the type of person that will tell you exactly how I think you are treating me. Doesn't matter if I've known you for 5 minutes or 20 years. If I don't like it, well you are going to hear about it. My good friend got married to a woman who was alright at first. Then she got Graves disease. Now don't get me wrong, any disease is bad but this woman was blowing it entirely out of proportion. My wife's grandmother passed away and she called this woman for a bit of support and all this other woman could do was make the conversation about her. Literally everything revolved around this woman and her disease. So one night when we were all having drinks I politely told her that she was not the center of the universe and she will lose all her friends if she continues to act in such a manner. 3 years have gone by and I have only spoken to her three or four times, same as all the rest of the mutual friends we share.

Be honest with how you feel about other people otherwise they won't know you expect honesty and integrity back.

·
Registered
9,369 Posts
I am the type of person that will tell you exactly how I think you are treating me. Doesn't matter if I've known you for 5 minutes or 20 years. If I don't like it, well you are going to hear about it. My good friend got married to a woman who was alright at first. Then she got Graves disease. Now don't get me wrong, any disease is bad but this woman was blowing it entirely out of proportion. My wife's grandmother passed away and she called this woman for a bit of support and all this other woman could do was make the conversation about her. Literally everything revolved around this woman and her disease. So one night when we were all having drinks I politely told her that she was not the center of the universe and she will lose all her friends if she continues to act in such a manner. 3 years have gone by and I have only spoken to her three or four times, same as all the rest of the mutual friends we share.

Be honest with how you feel about other people otherwise they won't know you expect honesty and integrity back.
You managed to hit the nail on the head because that’s exactly the way I feel too.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I always wonder about people who seem to spend a great deal of their lives "calling out bullshit".

I suspect most of them are assholes and just don't realize it.

Present company excluded, of course.
I don't think I call out bullshit, but tell people if I don't like the way they are treating myself or others around me if it effects the people that I love. Feelings be damned, because they do not care about other peoples feelings or the impact their words have, I treat them accordingly.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts