The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
9,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ppl don't forget to turn your clocks back an hour Sunday night before retiring.

A whole extra hour of sleep. Who doesn't like that?

Winter hibernation is ready to begin.

Will we really have a traditional Canadian winter?

·
Registered
9,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Church? I don't know of a single soul that goes to church anymore, seriously. Weddings and funerals is the only time I go to church!

Where does one go to worship guitar gods? ;)

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Now you know one...my family and I are there most Sundays. My oldest daughter asked to be an alter server a few years ago and the youngest one just started playing and singing in a "worship band" that performs during mass every once in awhile.

I'm no bible thumper but it's nice to see my girls getting involved in something that doesn't revolve around staring at some sort of screen and actually gets them out and interacting with people in their community.

And change your clocks back tonight, like bw66 said, not Sunday night.

·
Registered
133 Posts
To this day I still can’t understand the need for this... is there actually a legitimate reason the time needs to be adjusted twice a year?

Maybe I’m just jealous of people that work normal hours, I rotate shifts and work odd hours, I never get the extra hour of sleep.. oh well I guess I don’t lose the hour either..

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
It should be a reminder to change the batteries in your smoke detectors as well.

I like the extra hour drinking I'll get tonight too :D

·
Premium Member
13,170 Posts
The other day I brushed about 10cm of snow the truck. Since it is currently -13C, and it ain't going away here at 53.5 degrees north latitude, I see no problem predicting a white and rather cold Christmas.

·
Registered
9,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
To this day I still can’t understand the need for this... is there actually a legitimate reason the time needs to be adjusted twice a year?

Maybe I’m just jealous of people that work normal hours, I rotate shifts and work odd hours, I never get the extra hour of sleep.. oh well I guess I don’t lose the hour either..
Why did we ever do this in the first place, eons ago? Youtube to the rescue.

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
Church? I don't know of a single soul that goes to church anymore, seriously. Weddings and funerals is the only time I go to church!

Where does one go to worship guitar gods? ;)
For a couple of months a year I volunteer to open (and do the odd cleaning/tidying chore) the nearest Anglican church on Sunday mornings, which means I'm leaving shortly to do just that. Being an early riser helps. It's a pleasant walk through the middle of town, coffee in hand. Usually my bride joins me for the short 8 am spoken (no music) old prayer book service. I spent years in a career doing building and property maintenance so this is a natural fit, plus the following service doesn't break up the day too much. I have also been an on again off again chorister at the later service but I find that breaks up my day too much. My parents were church activists (for lack of a better expression, the old man was a clergyman) so I was born into it. I'm not rabid with faith, not a creationist, not a fundamentalist...but I think Jesus would have been a cool guy to hang out with.

You want to worship guitar gods? Many of the real gods build the things. Take a trip to Elderly Music in Lansing Michigan, The 12th Fret in Toronto, or any of a large number of luthiers in your area. Or simply keep hanging out here with the apostles. ;-)

As for resetting the clock. Why don't I feel younger? All it does is prolong my insomnia.

·
Premium Member
3,253 Posts
I'm an early riser and get up with the sun so I like Daylight Saving Time. Don't hate me for it if you don't. After another 30 years, I don't care either way. I won't be here.

·
Registered
9,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Did you enjoy your extra hour of sleep?

Quite frankly, I didn't even notice I had an extra hour!

My sleep patterns are bizarre to say the least but what sleep I do get is really deep, into REM cycles and weird, wonderful dreams.

It's really twisted. I have had the same reoccurring dream about EVH for the last 10 years. It's the younger Eddie from the 80's. It may happen once a year! I wake up from this dream that seems just so damned real and say WTF!

Do you ever have any dreams about your guitar heroes?

A little off topic but hey, it's my thread! ;)

·
Registered
9,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
good morning!
And how was your extra hour of luxurious sleep
Bigboki?

Are you bright and chipper? Ready to rock n roll? Lol

I am ready for that first cup of deliciousness, coffee with my 18 % cream and 2 Sugar twin.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts