The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's talk DAW software.

I started out using n-Track just because it was cheap but soon found out it just isn't stable enough to record more than 2 tracks at a time.

Switched over the Cubase SL, and have been recording 16 tracks of 24/96 smoothly ever since.

D

·
0 Posts
Jeff Flowerday said:
Let's talk DAW software.

I started out using n-Track just because it was cheap but soon found out it just isn't stable enough to record more than 2 tracks at a time.

Switched over the Cubase SL, and have been recording 16 tracks of 24/96 smoothly ever since.
Hey Jeff, would you mind explaining briefly what you mean by 16 tracks of 24/96?

Martin

·
Registered
76 Posts
Daw

I'm running Digital Performer 4.6 on Dual Processor Mac G5 with a gig of ram. It's good up to about 100 tracks, though I've rarely done any projects that used more than 24 tracks.

I also use GarageBand for light weight projects.

I have Cubase VXT and some others on my Windows based PC, but I abandoned them because I found them very cumbersome to use. On the PC, the one program that I was able to use reliably was Cakewalk.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Deux d' Pic said:
Hey Jeff, would you mind explaining briefly what you mean by 16 tracks of 24/96?

Martin
24 bit / 96khz sampling rate.

Basically 24 bit represents the amount of data that can be stored. ie) 24 bit can hold more information than 16 bit or 8 bit.

96khz sampling rate just means how frequently a sample is taken from your input. The higher the number the more samples.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm a cubase user myself...
started out several years ago using Cuabse VST, Now using SL/SX
Cubase for sequencing, Sound Forge for wave editing. I've tried many others back always go back to these 2...

currently, i'm trying ot figure out Reason -- lots of potential, but a pain in the ass to learn

·
Registered
84 Posts
Started out on a hardware digitatl recorder (tascam 788), played around some with cubase, and just purchased samplitude ver. 8 professional.
Really like the look and feel of Samplitude, but I've got allot to learn.

·
Premium Member
13,022 Posts
erikm5150 said:
...Cubase for sequencing, Sound Forge for wave editing...
I've read about Acid Studio and Sound Forge, both currently Sony products, but I quite haven't got the difference between them.

P.S Sorry to slightly hijack this thread

1 - 8 of 8 Posts