The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I was watching Rez blues on Sun tv on Saturday. One of my favourite shows. Saturday they had a guy named David West. He played an open tuning style guitar.
Anyway to the point I can find nothing on the net about him nor on the APTn site as another show was listed. But the guy had a double neck like I have ever seen. There was a neck on each side of the guitar. To play the other neck you would have to flip the guitar over. He had two different ones. A 335 style 6 string and a 12 string with these wild curves.

Anyone know ANYTHING about either the guitar or the artist? He is apparently Heida so I am assuming BC

·
Registered
41 Posts
Funny enough, the show was reaired this morning. Cool guitars, looked like an "electic/acoustic" with a 12 string and 18 string necks. Lonk sleek horns on that one. The 335 was cool, 6 string fretted one side, 6 string fretless on the other side.

I lost count of the times I froze the picture to see if I could make out the manufacturer. Im sure that they are custom jobs but they do have a name on the headstocks.

By the way, thought his style was excellent.

Have a look at this video, you can see the "big horn" 12/18 stringer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2PDUSkdE4o

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1 - 5 of 5 Posts