The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
davetcan said:
Gorgeous, and I can't wait to get my hands on it. :food-smiley-004: :food-smiley-004:
What I find interesting is that in your avitar you are standing within three feet of where the guitar pics were taken.:D

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
seksy:food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
skelf said:
Excellent work.
Thanks skelf. I've been to your website, coming from you that is a heck of a complement. I just plugged it in last night. Dave chose Wolfetone, Greywolf pickups. Absolutely fabulous. I've just ordered another set from him for one of my own guitars.

·
Administrator
16,159 Posts
Lowtones said:
Thanks skelf. I've been to your website, coming from you that is a heck of a complement. I just plugged it in last night. Dave chose Wolfetone, Greywolf pickups. Absolutely fabulous. I've just ordered another set from him for one of my own guitars.
I also have a set of Wolfe's P90's in a LP. Unbelievable, the man really knows his stuff, plus he's a great guy to deal with.

·
Administrator
16,159 Posts
Got the guitar for a test drive today. It sounds as good as it looks. Wolfetones are superb and the guitar just helps them right along, extremely resonant. Just need to make a few tweaks to the neck and it will be perfect.
Mark's getting really good at this stuff :rockon2:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
so, lowtones, did you make the guitar? or were you just doing a pup upgrade or something:confused-smiley-010

·
Registered
1,348 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
since I'm never gonna be able to afford one of these, i'm gonna have to figure out how to make my own.:rockon2:

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Xanadu said:
so, lowtones, did you make the guitar? or were you just doing a pup upgrade or something:confused-smiley-010
Thanks for asking. I did in fact make the guitar start to finish. Of course ,I purchased the electronics & hardware, everything else I made including the birds eye maple cover & jack plate. I must however get some machine screws with a nicer looking heads for those items. That was all Canadian Tire had when I went to get them on Sat evening. I used threaded brass inserts & machine screws instead of the usual wood screws.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Lowtones said:
Thanks for asking. I did in fact make the guitar start to finish. Of course ,I purchased the electronics & hardware, everything else I made including the birds eye maple cover & jack plate. I must however get some machine screws with a nicer looking heads for those items. That was all Canadian Tire had when I went to get them on Sat evening. I used threaded brass inserts & machine screws instead of the usual wood screws.

that's really incredible, how do you make the maple top?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Xanadu said:
that's really incredible, how do you make the maple top?
The maple cap was a two inch thick piece of flamed maple eight inches wide. I split the two inch thickness and opened up the pieces like a book. Hence the term book matched. I glued them together then ran them throught the thickness planer until I had both sides true. I then glued the maple to the mahogany. Routed out the neck pocket, pickup cavities & control cavity on the back. Then I cut out the guitar shape. I routed a small rabbit around the edge of the the maple leaving a little ledge 1/4 inch thick at the edge. The rest was hand shaped with a wood rasp & sandpaper. Also the neck was hand shaped with a wood rasp & sandpaper. Takes a while but you can't do much damage taking your time with hand tools.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts