The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! New to the community. I got a Hagström semi-hollow, I believe it is a Viking, from my deceased grandfather. Serial number 53 904082.

Could anyone help me in getting a date for its production?

Cheers!
Mike

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument Light Musical instrument accessory

·
Registered
584 Posts
Hi! New to the community. I got a Hagström semi-hollow, I believe it is a Viking, from my deceased grandfather. Serial number 53 904082.

Could anyone help me in getting a date for its production?

Cheers!
Mike

View attachment 407480
Mike, your Hagstrom is a Viking-1N that was made in 1974 in production run 904 which produced 175 of them. Yours was the 82nd to have been made in that run.

TD

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dear Mr. Thornton,
I am trying to date my Hagström Viking Guitar and found that you are the number 1 resource.
On the back, the following Serial Number is found: 53 055024
I would appreciate your help. Thank you in advance and Best Regards,
Reto

·
Registered
584 Posts
Dear Mr. Thornton,
I am trying to date my Hagström Viking Guitar and found that you are the number 1 resource.
On the back, the following Serial Number is found: 53 055024
I would appreciate your help. Thank you in advance and Best Regards,
Reto
Hi Reto, your Viking was made in production run 055 during 1979. It was the 24th Viking to have been made in that run which produced 245 of them. Although it's listed as being a "Viking" in the production records I suspect that it's actually a Viking 1N. If it has 3+3 headstock and humbucking pickups it's a Viking 1N, if not and it has the smaller single coil pickups with the 6 inline tuners then it's a Viking.

TD

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Reto, your Viking was made in production run 055 during 1979. It was the 24th Viking to have been made in that run which produced 245 of them. Although it's listed as being a "Viking" in the production records I suspect that it's actually a Viking 1N. If it has 3+3 headstock and humbucking pickups it's a Viking 1N, if not and it has the smaller single coil pickups with the 6 inline tuners then it's a Viking.

TD
Dear Mr. Thornton
that is great. Thank you so much! And yes, you are right. It is a Viking 1N after your description. 3+3 Headstock and humbuckers. Any idea what they are worth nowadays on the market?
Best,
Reto

1 - 6 of 6 Posts