The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like it's gonna get a 1&3/4 nut with a MLO and forward shifted along with other stuff. Basically same as they did with the new D-18. I wonder if it's the same taper as the 18.

Don't much matter to me as I've never liked the standard 28 all that much but I would probably like this new one better except I kinda like the V neck 1&11/16 on the HD28V better than the MLO.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
The 2012+ D-18 is the best acoustic I've ever played. Love it.
Over on the AGF, the same is often said of the D-18.

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
If the D-18 Standard had have had the same mod V as on the HD28V I would have bought it instead of my D-18 Authentic. Can't stand the MLO 0r the 1 3/4 nut width. Although its more the string spacing I don't like rather than the nut width.

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tried one of the V necks and it felt totally alien to me.
Yeah, it's whatever works best for ya. I switch back and forth from the C to V no problem but I find that the V distributes pressure a bit better in my hand so a little more comfortable to play and if I'm playing a lot over a few months it seems to put less strain on my wrist - When I was playing the 18 all the time for about a year I got a lump in my left wrist - it was never painful or any kind of problem and it didn't seem to be heading for one but when I started mainly playing the V necks the lump got a lot smaller.

I find that the 18 fights with my voice a bit - can feel it pushing back - whereas the rosewood HD35, HD28V and Sigma DR28V don't do that and are easier to sing with.

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If the D-18 Standard had have had the same mod V as on the HD28V I would have bought it instead of my D-18 Authentic. Can't stand the MLO 0r the 1 3/4 nut width. Although its more the string spacing I don't like rather than the nut width.
Yeah, I wish all my guitars had the HD28V neck but I can live with it.

My HD35CS has a 1&3/4 nut but a much wider taper than my d18 neck.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
1 3/4" nut width..............the manufacturers are finally starting to listen to me.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts