The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at buying a Blackface Vibro Champ from a dealer in the states and was told customs may rip it apart thinking it's a bomb, and how this has happened when he sent a couple amps to Europe. Anybody ever had problems like this? I don't want to lay down the money and recieve a box full of loose, broken parts.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
well if customs rips apart your amp, and you have shipping insurance, it should cover it.

·
Premium Member
15,823 Posts
M_A_T_T said:
I was looking at buying a Blackface Vibro Champ from a dealer in the states and was told customs may rip it apart thinking it's a bomb, and how this has happened when he sent a couple amps to Europe. Anybody ever had problems like this? I don't want to lay down the money and recieve a box full of loose, broken parts.
This seems over the top. If anything it may go through and x-ray machine but I can't see them tearing anything apart unless they had a very good reason to do so. But given the "New World Order" anything is possible.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Customs probably won't care, because it's coming into Canada, not going into the States.

·
Registered
564 Posts
It's not likely, but it can happen.....a buddy imported a Distressor (high end studio compressor rack) and it has a "nuke" button NO JOKE!!! (a button that activates too much compression)

Unit got opened and "inspected".....significant repairs required, and no insurance covers that. Turns out it wasn't a dirty bomb actuator.

Same thing happened when I shipped a used RADAR (Randon Access Digital Audio Recorder) to the land of the free except it wasn't damaged too badly.

We also had a speaker damaged by customs and our broker recommended we don't pursue it......

Andy

·
Premium Member
5,219 Posts
The second amp I have purchased online is in the country (following it through tracking number) and it took only 2 days to cross the border so I doubt customs did anything to it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
let you know

:smilie_flagge17: I just purchased one through ebay.. it was shipped on Thurdsday, I'll let you know when it arrives:DevilGuitar:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts