The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Thought I would share a story about a new guitar.

I picked up an Odyssey series 100 blank and brass bridge a few years ago. Ash body maple neck through.

I took the body to a local builder and had him finish, feet, assemble and set it up. Brass tail piece, brass nut, brass pickup (Gibson pups may put dimarzzios in and am open to input on good 7-8k pups) rings and knobs and all the switches original to the guitar.

Here is the custom Odyssey build :)

L

·
0 Posts
Beauties! is right.
How is it wired up?
I've never seen a bridge like that before. Can you post a side view? links to specs?
Thank you.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
11,865 Posts
Cool.

If you like the build, how about a 'shout out' to the guy who did it. Word of mouth is good for guys who deserve it.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool.

If you like the build, how about a 'shout out' to the guy who did it. Word of mouth is good for guys who deserve it.
Barry Ewart of Ewart Guitar’s located in Burnaby, BC. He’s relocating this month to the interior of BC but really top notch work!

·
Premium Member
11,865 Posts
Barry Ewart of Ewart Guitar’s located in Burnaby, BC. He’s relocating this month to the interior of BC but really top notch work!
Cool. I love Barry and his work. I've had a lot done by him. Sad to see he's moving out - real estate is a bitch anywhere around where he is located.

Enjoy your guitar! It's loverly!

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool. I love Barry and his work. I've had a lot done by him. Sad to see he's moving out - real estate is a bitch anywhere around where he is located.

Enjoy your guitar! It's loverly!
He has done a lot of work for me too :). Great guy, quality work but sadly I believe you’re right real estate is squashing the smaller businesses :/

·
Premium Member
11,865 Posts
When is he moving? End of August?

I better get out and see him once more before he moves.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
I like what you have done very much. I have always liked gold hardware and finish on a dark body but gold does get rubbed off in time so the brass is a better choice. I have never thought of that but will keep it in mind for the future. Thanks for sharing this.

Reactions: oneflatnote

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like what you have done very much. I have always liked gold hardware and finish on a dark body but gold does get rubbed off in time so the brass is a better choice. I have never thought of that but will keep it in mind for the future. Thanks for sharing this.
Looks killer in person way better than the pics I will try to post better pics tonight :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts