The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two identical fender vibroluxes side by side. Just turned on, no instruments. Mine is noticeably noisier than my buddy’s and comparatively annoyingly noisy at #6 volume with a guitar plugged in. Any ideas why and how to fix that? Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
The 12th Fret has (or had, I don't know if it's still for sale) a 2006 Custom Vibrolux Reverb, and they claim its native hiss problem was resolved by John Fletcher.
I found another post about Mr. Fletcher solving a similar issue with a 'thumping' tremolo circuit in a different Fender amp, and at that time he was at Ringwood Musical Repair.
Suggest you do some searching about fixes for the Custom Vibrolux hiss (the original Vibrolux Reverbs didn't have this problem). Or call the 12th Fret and ask them what to do.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
The 12th Fret has (or had, I don't know if it's still for sale) a 2006 Custom Vibrolux Reverb, and they claim its native hiss problem was resolved by John Fletcher.
I found another post about Mr. Fletcher solving a similar issue with a 'thumping' tremolo circuit in a different Fender amp, and at that time he was at Ringwood Musical Repair.
Suggest you do some searching about fixes for the Custom Vibrolux hiss (the original Vibrolux Reverbs didn't have this problem). Or call the 12th Fret and ask them what to do.

I remember reading the problem was that they put the reverb on both channels.

I also read you could make a few changes and it would be more like the Reissue ‘63 Vibroverb.

Moyer mod Vibrolux Vibroverb Alnico custom shop | Amps & Pedals | City of Toronto | Kijiji

https://www.tdpri.com/attachments/customvibroluxreverb_moyermods-pdf.103616/

I would check and see if those mods were done, if his amp has reverb on both channels.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all. I may just sell it and get a no problem unit. I miss the big reverb and don’t like the hiss. Think I can get $700.00 or $750 for it anyway. It’s brand new with about 5 hours. If you have any ideas on a good amp please let me know. Thank you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts