The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get a custom leather strap and I'm wondering whether anyone can suggest someone good? Toronto would be great, but anywhere in Canada is fine.

Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks SCREEM: anyone buy a strap from italia?

On the 335: I've got a suede Levy's strap that's a real "grabber." Smooth leather won't do it, so try something either all suede, or lined with suede if you can find it. Plus, suede smells great! Funny yours is neck heavy - I was just looking at one at L&M in Mississauga that was on sale. Nice guitar, great neck, but it felt like it had lead weights in it's tail! Wouldn't even balance on my knee, kept wanting to throw the neck up in the air. I've never played one like that before. Guess that's why it's on sale ($1995 I think). Too bad, it's otherwise a really nice guitar.

·
Administrator
15,985 Posts
Gibson Guy said:
Thanks SCREEM: anyone buy a strap from italia?

On the 335: I've got a suede Levy's strap that's a real "grabber." Smooth leather won't do it, so try something either all suede, or lined with suede if you can find it. Plus, suede smells great! Funny yours is neck heavy - I was just looking at one at L&M in Mississauga that was on sale. Nice guitar, great neck, but it felt like it had lead weights in it's tail! Wouldn't even balance on my knee, kept wanting to throw the neck up in the air. I've never played one like that before. Guess that's why it's on sale ($1995 I think). Too bad, it's otherwise a really nice guitar.
Thanks for the tip. I was thinking some of the Italia straps looked like they might be suede lined.
That's funny about the neck "light" 335. I have a 1984 Yamaha SA2000 that is only slightly neck heavy but enough to keep me pulling the damn thing up.

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
davetcan said:
I'm looking for a good "non-slip" strap for a neck heavy 335. Would leather be the way to go? Any other options?
I have one of the suede L&M straps, and really like it on the tele, but it makes my neck raw with a heavier guitar like an LP. Levy makes a really nice wide brown leather one with a real sheepskin lining. Best i've ever used both soft and grippy. I think its also the most expensive strap ever at about $70.

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
...i wear all of my guitar straps inside out, so that the "grippy" side is out and the smooth side against my torso. perhaps its because i tend to move around a lot, but i hate it when my guitar strap doesn't slide easily.

-dh

·
Registered
68 Posts
I got a bass strap from italia (ebay auction),,
they tend to take their time shipping,, but the strap is excellent..
I got the 4" wide one to hold my warwick 'vette comfortably..

they are good, reliable and if you get it at auction price,, cheap..

I plan on getting some smaller ones (3") for my lighter basses and one for my wife (2.5") for her accoustic

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Not to disagree but I have two Italia straps that are not suede lined... and I have 3 others that are. Excellent quality straps at a very good price. Not as good as my Moody but for the price, they can't be beat. And shipping... mine took 6 weeks to get here with no apologies.

·
Administrator
15,985 Posts
Tarbender said:
Not to disagree but I have two Italia straps that are not suede lined... and I have 3 others that are. Excellent quality straps at a very good price. Not as good as my Moody but for the price, they can't be beat. And shipping... mine took 6 weeks to get here with no apologies.
Great! Here's the response I got from Cindi.

"Dave

You’re in luck! All our straps are suede-lined.

Thank You,
Cindi :)

Sheesh !!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts