The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched high and low for the right body. Looking for something suhr standard pro - tom anderson - ish. Flat top with forearm and tummy cuts. Flame top, and still able to mount a pickguard. I can not for the life of me find anything that doesnt have rounded edges. Anyone here know a builder or supplier?
Where do you find has the best selection of bodies?

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
I don’t think you’re looking for the best selection on bodies, it sounds like you’re looking for a custom builder.

What’s your location?

I know a couple guys on the forum that might be able to help.

Nathan

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don’t think you’re looking for the best selection on bodies, it sounds like you’re looking for a custom builder.

What’s your location?

I know a couple guys on the forum that might be able to help.

Nathan

I was hoping maybe there was a warmoth style distributer that I just wasn't aware of. A custom build would work great as well though. A Canadian one is even better. My location is the hard part. I am in Flin Flon, Manitoba. Aka no man's land. 6 hours away from the closest major city

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have searched high and low for the right body. Looking for something suhr standard pro - tom anderson - ish. Flat top with forearm and tummy cuts. Flame top, and still able to mount a pickguard. I can not for the life of me find anything that doesnt have rounded edges. Anyone here know a builder or supplier?
Hey Erick. Sit down, or better, have a beer with a local guitar builder. Put pencil to paper and design exactly what you are looking for. Part of the excitement of the process is actually having a hand in the design, and also visiting the guitar shop form time to time, watching the instrument come to life. Then there is the excitement of placing that axe into your hands for the first time.
There are online lists of guilders if you google it. Or if you are around the Toronto to Hamilton area, come see me. Contact info is on my web site. www.dickert.ca
Dickert Guitars

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Erick. Sit down, or better, have a beer with a local guitar builder. Put pencil to paper and design exactly what you are looking for. Part of the excitement of the process is actually having a hand in the design, and also visiting the guitar shop form time to time, watching the instrument come to life. Then there is the excitement of placing that axe into your hands for the first time.
There are online lists of guilders if you google it. Or if you are around the Toronto to Hamilton area, come see me. Contact info is on my web site. www.dickert.ca
Dickert Guitars

Thank you very much for the list. The issue is my location. 800km north of Winnipeg. Flin Flon. It seems to me most builders prefer a local customer. Which I can completely understand as it's a two way street. It's extremely difficult for me to check our anyone's work. That being said, I know exactly what I want. Is it kosher (or smart) to commission a guitar from someone 1000 + km away?

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Thank you very much for the list. The issue is my location. 800km north of Winnipeg. Flin Flon. It seems to me most builders prefer a local customer. Which I can completely understand as it's a two way street. It's extremely difficult for me to check our anyone's work. That being said, I know exactly what I want. Is it kosher (or smart) to commission a guitar from someone 1000 + km away?
Dude I don’t really think you have much of a choice ;)

Unless you’re planning on adding a plane ticket or two into the cost of your build.

Nathan

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dude I don’t really think you have much of a choice ;)

Unless you’re planning on adding a plane ticket or two into the cost of your build.

Nathan

That's the real decision I'm struggling with. Only plane out of here goes to Winnipeg. That's a $600 round trip ticket. Tack on a connecter to the builder location, the 2 - 3 required design meeting and check ups, hotels, ECT. and an already expensive guitar turns into nonsense. I could get close to what I want with a suhr standard custom or a tom anderson at that point and be done with it. But its not EXACTLY what I'm looking for. So it comes back to, is there somewhere (like a more custom version of warmoth) that I can order the exact body that I want from, or do I just commission a build and hope it works out

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
so what is off with the Suhr and Anderson? Your best bet is to put exactly what you want and see if anyone here knows a guitar that matches. They probably do.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Warmoth Soloist with a pickguard? Also, Warmoth used to offer various edge radius options from rounded to pretty much square, they can probably still do that for you- [email protected]

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Warmoth Soloist with a pickguard? Also, Warmoth used to offer various edge radius options from rounded to pretty much square, they can probably still do that for you- [email protected]

......well.....i feel silly......lol I couldn't get the options I wanted to come up on warmoth website builder. I emailed and all questions were answered very quickly. And they do in fact offer everything I was looking for. Lol of course, the simple "Just ask them" answer was the right one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts