The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
Canada Post Expedited typically is in the $10-12 range and includes tracking and insurance, with pretty quick delivery.

Don't forget -
  • no deposit required - payment on inspection of pics of finished build
  • many many customization options included in basic pricing
  • many many circuits available - my 'library' and experience extends well beyond those that are listed in inventory or anywhere in this thread. If you don't see what you are looking for, PLEASE ASK!
For example, I was recently contacted and asked about a boost ala SHO. Sure enough, I can do that - it's almost done, see Pirate Boost below.

Almost ready to go is General Mayhem #2. It will be a Bosstone clone WITHOUT clipping diodes, which makes it louder and fuzzier. I haven't finalized which additional mod I am going to put in it, but am thinking diodes on a 3 way switch for none/symetrical/asymetrical....but you could specify something else if you act now :)

Pre clearcoat:

Now nice and shiny, with GM#2 box.

·
Premium Member
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Badger #1 - Rat with LM308 and 3 way clipping - middle = none, top = 2 @ LED (symetrical), bottom = 3 @ silicon diode (asymetrical). Orange LED. No battery snap.

Went a little different with the sideways configuration, perfect for that 'in between' row on your board.

Ears = Volume
Fur = Distortion
Teeth = Tone
Tail = Reutz mod, affects both tone and gain.

Put a bigger cap in the chain, no lack of bottom on this [email protected]!

$125 + shipping EMT or PayPal

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I am the lucky guy who got the Pirate Boost. This is the best boost I have ever used and keto is a pleasure to deal with!
Canada Post Expedited typically is in the $10-12 range and includes tracking and insurance, with pretty quick delivery.

Don't forget -
  • no deposit required - payment on inspection of pics of finished build
  • many many customization options included in basic pricing
  • many many circuits available - my 'library' and experience extends well beyond those that are listed in inventory or anywhere in this thread. If you don't see what you are looking for, PLEASE ASK!
For example, I was recently contacted and asked about a boost ala SHO. Sure enough, I can do that - it's almost done, see Pirate Boost below.

Almost ready to go is General Mayhem #2. It will be a Bosstone clone WITHOUT clipping diodes, which makes it louder and fuzzier. I haven't finalized which additional mod I am going to put in it, but am thinking diodes on a 3 way switch for none/symetrical/asymetrical....but you could specify something else if you act now :)

Pre clearcoat:

Now nice and shiny, with GM#2 box.

·
Premium Member
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
General Mayhem #2
-Bosstone clone. Much higher output cap. Could be a bit boomy with a rig that has a lot of bottom end output. Sounds great with my Tele thru a couple of amps but a little overmuch (a little, but still) with a Les Paul thru a 4x12.
-3 way clipping switch. Top is 4 Germanium diodes - fuzzier, looser, less output. Gets a bit of an octave effect with fuzz maxed. Middle is no clipping - much louder, more fuzz-ish. Bottom is 3 silicon diodes - tighter, smoother,more like an overdrive, in-between volume wise.
-the 'V' and 'F' are floating in a bubble, so don't be alarmed that they're not oriented straight....they'll always move around.
-has battery snap and clip. LED is orange.

$90 + shipping. EMTpreferred or PayPal.

·
Premium Member
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Inventory current.

I've come upon a pretty big stash of NOS germanium (and some silicon) low gain transistors that are IDEAL for: Rangemasters, Fuzz Faces, Tonebenders. Going to work up a few but will take requests. Probably make a couple of Rangemasters first, may put caps on switch to make multi-range boost, may also put a 2nd boost (SHO? LPB? MOSFET? any are easily doable) in the same box (separate stomp switches). Let me know if you're looking for something specific.

On the subject of Fuzz Faces, I've built a few (lord knows, there must be 1000 ways to tweak them) and not been satisfied UNTIL...I just built a silicon version that ends up being a 4 knobber - vol, gain, and bias for BOTH transistors. It's very similar to a Fulltone '69. The bias on the first transistor lets you dial out some edge, really smooths it out...and the bias on the 2nd lets you simulate dying battery type sounds, and generally fine tune the fuzz. And, bonus, found a trick to give it PLENTY of output, no more running the volume at 90-100% all the time just to reach unity. Sounds HUUUUUGE and, while it can be sizzley and a little ragged (which I prefer), it can also be set very smmmoooooooth. Can be built with either silicon or germaniums, have both in the proper gain ranges. AND yet another bonus, most of the transistors are NPN so can be run negative ground with the rest of your pedal board's power supply.

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Great stuff Kent. These boxes are really a work of art. I love how each is individually designed. I was lucky enough to snag the General Mayhem #1. Killer fuzz, sounds great. Kent's gotta be the nicest guy to deal with too. Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
BACK TO SCHOOL SALE! (what that really means is that I have to pay a tuition bill for my son and need to raise a bit of cash flow lol). Full descriptions, gutshots, and in many cases youtube samples are in the posts above. Keep watching, tomorrow I'm going to list up a bunch of prototypes, seconds (exterior only) and 1-offs dirt cheap.

ALL PRICES INCLUDE SHIPPING CANADA POST EXPEDITED

RAT clone $100

Bosstone with 3 way clipping $75

Benders (your choice) $90 *note* - since those pics, I changed out the switch washers on both to a regular round washer and put the lock washer inside the box*
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Premium Member
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
CONTINUED FROM ABOVE, SHIPPING INCLUDED

Fuzzrite clone with larger output caps, a more rounded full fuzz $75

Square Wave Generator - IC based overdrive/fuzz, includes extra IC to swap in and out $75

Phaser, youtube is a MUST SEE (up above) very tweakable $150 (I might say 'NO!' when you inquire on this one lol)

Clone of a Coloursound One Knob Fuzz (huh?) with added gain and bias controls. Polished box is unfinished, can be easily cleaned up if you scuff it with fine steel wool or 1000+ grit wetsanding or even a car polisher. GERMANIUM TRANSISTORS very much like a Fuzz Face. $70

·
Premium Member
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
CONTINUED FROM ABOVE SHIPPING INCLUDED

My personal RAT. LM308, yes. 3-way clipping diodes even/odd and LED's. $125. I might say 'NO!' when you inquire on this one too ;)

NOTE: center bar of the mousetrap is NOT fastened down, though it's tight enough at the joint that it doesn't 'float' much if you leave it alone.

My personal Big Muff - op-amp version, sounds G I G A N T I C $100 (yes, base is slightly mis-matched for colour)

BYOC Leeds Fuzz with the keto touch $60

Prototype Shin-Ei Fuzz. Take a good close look, the reflective tape isn't cut that well and I got some overspray on the tape around the edges. Violet 10mm LED may be a little loose, I'll double check it and if need be superglue it a bit before I ship. Sounds fantastic. $60

·
Premium Member
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
CONTINUED FROM ABOVE SHIPPING INCLUDED

Marshall Guv'nor clone. Paint job has a pretty good chip in it, I'll take a fresh pic tomorrow and post detail. Great sounding OD/Distortion unit, the magic is in the mids control! $70 unless my son claims it ;)

Another Bender, I have to replace the circuit in this one so maybe a 1 week wait. High gain silicon Tone Bender variant, with switchable output cap for more sustain and bottom. Box may have slight imperfections (I'm posting from away from home, will update 8/20). $75

MORE COMING FRIDAY 8/20

·
Premium Member
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
As obtuse as it may seem, i will take the Leeds fuzz. :) There aren't enough smileys for this!

Maybe gimme the colorful looking Bender as well please.Thank you, as always.

Paypal invoice? Incoming, when I get back home tomorrow.
Side note, I made a Bee Baa for Scott a while back but it's not *quite* right. I've been working on fine tuning it, and even thought I had my hands on some old original Japanese transistors, but it looks like I'm getting screwed in that ebay transaction. GRRRRRRR. Did find some of the *other* transistors I needed (again, don't have them in hand yet but it was a more recent order) so still working on it....but, as I have told Scott, all he has to do is say the word for an instant refund I am 100% committed to customer satisfaction.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Side note, I made a Bee Baa for Scott a while back but it's not *quite* right. I've been working on fine tuning it, and even thought I had my hands on some old original Japanese transistors, but it looks like I'm getting screwed in that ebay transaction. GRRRRRRR. Did find some of the *other* transistors I needed (again, don't have them in hand yet but it was a more recent order) so still working on it....but, as I have told Scott, all he has to do is say the word for an instant refund I am 100% committed to customer satisfaction.
No worries, I am sure you will get it sorted eventually. Bummer about the ebay thing. EBAY does tend to suck at times!?!??!

·
Premium Member
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
CONTINUED FROM ABOVE PRICES INCLUDE SHIPPING CANADA POST EXPEDITED

Left - BYOC Big Muff/Large Beaver. Built to Ram's Head specs. Lettering is under clearcoat. $60

Middle - BYOC 250+ . No lettering or clearcoat, $50 as is (I'll throw in knobs of your choice, will send you a pic with selection available). Built it with asymetrical clipping, sounds great.

Right - Red Llama clone. No clearcoat over letters, which are just stickers. Box is a Hammond pre-painted that black and seems VERY durable. Fantastic sounding OD, fuzzy as you turn it way up, I can see why it has the solid reputation it does...very FAT. $50

All 3 of these have a battery snap. Most of the ones above do not, but talk to me if you want one added.

·
Premium Member
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I should have posted, I'm essentially on hiatus right now. I'll do a pic and price list of what's on hand in the next few days.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts