The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to share this custom build - and the story with you guys.

I was approached by a father and his young son a few weeks back. The son has worked hard learning guitar and has even formed a band with his buddies. He wanted a new guitar, but wasn’t finding what he wanted in the stores, so they set out to design their very own. After 14 variants, I was presented with a full scale drawing and a build sheet. I set out to bring the drawing to life. This is my progress. You can’t see it in the pic, but the entire guitar top is carved.

This is definitely a very rewarding project, one I am very proud to build. This boy is going to have a very one of a kind guitar; what a way to encourage him to keep going with his music!

0082DD11-FECC-4E84-A172-305D76675B9C.jpeg

·
Premium Member
17,385 Posts
Its got the horns of an ibanez SA with the bridge end of an ESP viper. I wonder how it will balance.

A very cool build indeed!

·
Registered
329 Posts
I wanted to share this custom build - and the story with you guys.

I was approached by a father and his young son a few weeks back. The son has worked hard learning guitar and has even formed a band with his buddies. He wanted a new guitar, but wasn’t finding what he wanted in the stores, so they set out to design their very own. After 14 variants, I was presented with a full scale drawing and a build sheet. I set out to bring the drawing to life. This is my progress. You can’t see it in the pic, but the entire guitar top is carved.

This is definitely a very rewarding project, one I am very proud to build. This boy is going to have a very one of a kind guitar; what a way to encourage him to keep going with his music!

View attachment 155713
Me Like!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts