The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

Curses, foiled again

347 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  mhammer 
#1 ·
I had two missions on our trip to Scotland: finally meet with a forum buddy I've corresponded with for 15 years or more but never spoken to, and see a Bond Electraglide guitar in the flesh at the National Museum in Edinburgh ( Bond Electraglide guitar ). After searching for 10 minutes, a guide came back with the discouraging news that it was in their collection but no longer on display. I might be able to speak with the curator, but the collection was some 5 miles away in the storage/prep facility. And we're leaving bright and early tomorrow morning. :( But I'll get contact info for the curator of that collection and see if I can get more info. I had corresponded briefly with the designer's son (the designer being dead some years back), but he had little technical info to pass on.

#5 ·
I did meet up with my friend. We arranged for a 6hr layover at Heathrow airport, coming out here, and that gave us about 90 minutes to sit and chat at the airport. He used to provide accounting services for Electro-Harmonix's London office, back in the 80's.

So, I'm batting .500 on pilgrimages. I did pop into Guitar Guitar in Glasgow, and saw a bunch of these guitars - Headless Guitars | Extended Range Guitars - which are surprisingly popular, even amongst metalheads. Fanned frets are generally not that common, although one starts to see them cropping up now and then in the "pointy guitars" universe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.