The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had two missions on our trip to Scotland: finally meet with a forum buddy I've corresponded with for 15 years or more but never spoken to, and see a Bond Electraglide guitar in the flesh at the National Museum in Edinburgh ( Bond Electraglide guitar ). After searching for 10 minutes, a guide came back with the discouraging news that it was in their collection but no longer on display. I might be able to speak with the curator, but the collection was some 5 miles away in the storage/prep facility. And we're leaving bright and early tomorrow morning. :( But I'll get contact info for the curator of that collection and see if I can get more info. I had corresponded briefly with the designer's son (the designer being dead some years back), but he had little technical info to pass on.

·
Premium Member
17,162 Posts
Sorry that one mission was not a success.

However, did you meet the forum buddy?

Enjoy your trip home.

Cheers

Dave

EDIT: @Budda and I were typing at he same time..he won.

·
Registered
24,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did meet up with my friend. We arranged for a 6hr layover at Heathrow airport, coming out here, and that gave us about 90 minutes to sit and chat at the airport. He used to provide accounting services for Electro-Harmonix's London office, back in the 80's.

So, I'm batting .500 on pilgrimages. I did pop into Guitar Guitar in Glasgow, and saw a bunch of these guitars - Headless Guitars | Extended Range Guitars - which are surprisingly popular, even amongst metalheads. Fanned frets are generally not that common, although one starts to see them cropping up now and then in the "pointy guitars" universe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts