The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sounded pretty good unplugged. If you’ve been to an attic sale at the Terminal Ave location you know how crowded it is. They had a little Fender Acoustisonic amp sitting there so I scrounged a cable and plugged it in. Wow! I instantly had a crowd wanting to see what I was playing but it was so crowded they couldn’t. I played a couple of songs then unplugged and took to the cash register. I’m pretty sure someone else would have grabbed it if I hadn’t. There were disappointed faces and a couple of people told me how good it sounded. It is not a flashy guitar. It looks pretty plain until you plug it in and play it. It suddenly looks a lot prettier. The fit and finish are exceptional. The look is very understated. Best of all it is very easy to play for a 12 string.

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
It may not have been my playing. It may just have been that I wasn’t playing Stairway to Heaven or trying to shred like EVH.
Sometimes I feel like being a bit of an arsehole, so I play the middle part of Stairway just to see if anyone notices. I have yet to be denied. Party on, @Kerry Brown and HNGD.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Nice. These just caught my eye recently while perusing the L&M site. A couple days later I spot one on kijiji for a great price. $400 with hard case. The guy lives in Whitby as do I. I am the second person to contact him. Boo!!!

Thanks for fanning the flames. LOL

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I’ve played it for around two hours now. First impressions are very good. I quite like the richlite fret board. It compares very favourably to my ebony ones. The neck is weird. 25.5” scale, 1.9” at the nut, quite a thin neck, and very flat at a 16” radius. From the specs it sounds like I’d hate it but it works for a 12 string. With the cutaway I can easily play up around the 12th to 16th fret. It almost plays like 12 string Les Paul. Very light touch and low action. An hour of playing. A break to eat. Another hour of playing and my hands are not fatigued. I don’t have an acoustic amp so I’ve been playing through regular amps. Playing with the guitar 3 band eq and the amp eq it sounds pretty decent. Better than my other acoustics through electric amps. Can’t wait to try it live through my L.R. Baggs Venue DI where I can really shape the sound.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't understand. How did they let you in, then? Isn't that part of the entrance exam? :confused:
It was so crowded it was easy to slip in unnoticed. When I started playing Stormy Monday the staff looked on in surprise. :)

Stormy Monday is awesome on a 12 string.

·
Registered
15,189 Posts
Cool guitar--I got away with spending $5.
they had a bunch of stuff that was left over from Axe Music.

Enjoy the new 12 string.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts