The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone, yesterday I recorded some samples of electric guitar. I used Cubase and Bias Fx, and I recorded clean tones, crunch sounds and high gain tones

What do you think it sounds like? ... Thanks !

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
I don't like BIAS, even in your video with clean tones it sounds a lot more compressed than the natural combination of pre/power amp tubes and other components would sound, even in small/cheap combos and at the end dynamics is what makes the real difference. They nailed a few metal rigs but that's it. The free amps in Amplitube Custom Shop are a lot more realistic. Otherwise your video is good.

·
Premium Member
4,954 Posts
I don't like BIAS, even in your video with clean tones it sounds a lot more compressed than the natural combination of pre/power amp tubes and other components would sound, even in small/cheap combos and at the end dynamics is what makes the real difference. They nailed a few metal rigs but that's it. The free amps in Amplitube Custom Shop are a lot more realistic. Otherwise your video is good.
Keep in mind there’s a billion variables and that everyone hears things a bit differently. I like Amplitube also but felt BIAS FX had a much better interface.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Keep in mind there’s a billion variables and that everyone hears things a bit differently. I like Amplitube also but felt BIAS FX had a much better interface.
BIAS FX has a better interface, it's the sound what I don't like, also Positive Grid doesn't seem to like fixing bugs on their software which makes them a big NO for me now, I have most of their stuff. Best interface and sound I've ever seen is Waves PRS Supermodels and Overloud TH3/U but since I prefer physical modelling over IRs I still use Amplitube a lot, their version of the Hiwatt 100 is the best!

·
Premium Member
4,954 Posts
BIAS FX has a better interface, it's the sound what I don't like, also Positive Grid doesn't seem to like fixing bugs on their software which makes them a big NO for me now, I have most of their stuff. Best interface and sound I've ever seen is Waves PRS Supermodels and Overloud TH3/U but since I prefer physical modelling over IRs I still use Amplitube a lot, their version of the Hiwatt 100 is the best!
I tend to agree with you. Amplitube has a bit better sounds than BIAS FX but they're both very good. Amplitube needs to get with the 20th century and support patch backup/exchange without having to connect to a PC or a Mac!

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
I tend to agree with you. Amplitube has a bit better sounds than BIAS FX but they're both very good. Amplitube needs to get with the 20th century and support patch backup/exchange without having to connect to a PC or a Mac!
That's right, IK software is extremely hard to use sometimes, I have a few Syntronic and Sampletank libraries and never use them because of things like that. Even installing is an adventure!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts