The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an opportunity to trade for a 2007 Custom shop 57 VOS LP Junior but can't find much on the interweb regarding price.....anyone know what the going used price would be?

·
Premium Member
3,283 Posts
Oh man, that's a toughie! It all comes down to grade, wood, scale from 1-10 conditions......
That and they have just stopped the custom shop production. (I need to look into that whole discussion)
$3000? Players cond, 8/10 with case candy?

"Best mediocre guitarist in Calgary!"

·
Premium Member
854 Posts
I'd say a realistic cash value in this market for a guitar like that is between $1700-2300. All depends on the particular locale, and instrument specifics.

W.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! The guitar is very clean from the pics I've seen 9/10, no case candy or COA but from what I've read that's common for 2007? It has Emerson 500K pots and bumble cap. I'm trading an EJ Strat for it....seems like a fair trade?

·
Premium Member
3,283 Posts
Reactions: Diablo

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's in the works but not the condition I thought, there's a dent the size of a screw just below the pick guard, a few other markings but the dent is my only concern?
image.jpeg

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Play wear (nicks, dents, scratches etc) would not be a deterrent for me in that trade deal. It is on it's way to being "broken in".

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Great deal for you!!! Strats are a dime a dozen. Those Jr's come up for sale very seldom and sell in the 2k range. A strat is a strat is a strat.
They are all basically the same to me, its so hard to place a value on an EJ strat as the market is flooded with strats so they are a very tough sell.

·
Premium Member
3,068 Posts
DO IT!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,006 Posts
It's in the works but not the condition I thought, there's a dent the size of a screw just below the pick guard, a few other markings but the dent is my only concern? View attachment 97385
That blows, see if you can get him to throw in a few bucks or a pedal.
Doesn't affect playing if you're planning to keep it. If it's for resale, you wouldn't get top dollar as a result but, in all fairness, it also brings the relative value of that guitar a bit closer to yours. Without the ding, that Jr would be worth significantly more than an EJ IMO and, if asked in that circumstance, I'd advise the Jr owner against straight trade based on value alone. As it sits though, it's perfectly playable and is likely still worth more...so what's the concern based on?

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Based on your location, I can't help but wonder if that's my old LP Jr? The reason I'm wondering is the guy I traded it to just recently moved from Edmonton to NB and the guitar in question did not have a COA or case candy. If it is the same guitar I can tell you this: he's an awesome guy and that is a spectacular Jr.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the advice, I'm going to do the deal! This will be my first "players grade" guitar and although I'm planning on keeping it I was a little concerned about resale value.

@JethroTech - sounds like the same guitar, the seller just moved from Edmonton!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts