The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
I didn't watch a lot of this (now) but Jimmy's playing seems to be better than what he pulled off at "The Greek" show. This is from the tour that followed, so maybe he managed to loosen up. Can you believe this never made it to Canada because of "poor ticket sales"?? Or so I heard at the time... not sure the truth to it though.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I never thought that guy was a good live singer.

Good in the studio but live he always seems to be straining to hit any high notes.
I've always liked the Crowes, but tend to agree with this assessment. I've seen them live, but early in their career. He had better "live pipes" back then.

This is a good live cover.... poor Jeff Cease. I thought he was OK till they replaced him with Marc Ford.

They released a live LP, Warpaint Live, which I thought had bad vocal mixes... Chris sounds like he's got marbles in his mouth, but shortly after that, they released Before the Frost....Until the Freeze, which was a recorded live studio record. That had good enunciation, and clarity.

But, I still love 'em, and would see them tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I never realized until just recently that Audrey Freed was on this album.
I did some google'n after I got the vinyl...they were in a dispute with their bassist, so he is photoshopped out of the album group shot...was interesting as you would never notice

1 - 7 of 7 Posts