The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking of doing something to one of my old pedals. Its a RP80. I want to take all the guts of the pedal out of its plastic case, and put them in a new metal case. I don't need to have any of the settings buttons, just the "up" and "down" pedals plus the expression. I already have everything set the way I want it, so that when i turn it on, it automatically goes to the setting I want. Do you guys think it can be done? If its any easier, I run it off the power supply only, so no need for a battery drawer. Oh, another thing, I want to get rid of its normal up and down buttons and install basic push buttons....like MXR pedals or any BYOC.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
well...its an 80$ pedal so I wouldnt bother man. Most of the stuff inside is PCB mounted so it can be a bit touchy. A metal case would need machining of course, and thus you would have to position the holes for the button/switches, etc very well. Plus, the time and cost will probably outweight any benefits and thus I would just leave it. Even the soldering of new push buttons, etc would be a hassle because of the PCB stuff. Its not like the plastic case is super flimsy is it? It shouldnt break that easily. maybe leave it

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No your right, it probably wouldn't be worth it. The plastic case isn't flimsy at all. The only problem I seem to have is the expression pedal comes loose sometimes...it gets floppy. But thats an easy fix, just tighten the screw. I just wanted to do it for something to do. You know, just to mess around with something.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh I know how to build pedals ^^ but I have no cash right now :(
I already have a casing I was gonna use for the RP80.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts