1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
I have a Crate VTX 65......I absolutely love it

·
Registered
52 Posts
I actually own one. Their pretty loud amps. 120 watts Solid State.

I like the clean channel on them very much. Good smooth sound. Jazzy is what i play out of it.

The Rhythm channel is good for 'classic rock' kinda stuff. Or if you put the gain up more you can get good Rhythm for punk, rock, or light stuff liek that.

Solo channel, is good for that Heavy Distortion stuff.. or a Lead sound. Kinda fuzzy sounding though. But thats on all Solid State amps.

Build in Effects I think are pretty good. Although theres a problem when you swtich them on they take about 1 music beat to kick in. They fade in so it's not abrub. I had to learn how to use it so I could swtich at the right time.

The Reverb is great on it. I have mine about 4-5 and it works wonderful.

--

Over all the amp is good for it's class which is loud Soild State. It's 50lbs to it's kinda heavy to lug around. But if you ever need more speakers it has the option of hooking a cab to it.

Durablity wise. Pretty solid. although mine has a ratlle to it now once it gets decently loud (more when I have the bass up high it rattles the amp). Could be from a number of reasons.

So if you want aloud SS amp and you don't mind the Fuzz sound on heavy distored channels it would be find. Although you can't compare it to a tube amp.

--

I'm selling mine now too, because I want a tube amp sound. I'm using a Boss ME50 infront of it to get more of a Distortion sound I want from it. I can get a similar sound from the Rythem channel though. If you want to buy mine I can send pictures, sound clips, info, and whatever you want. I prefer tube amps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.