The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i got a crate gfx and i cant really find good tones out of it... it sounds mehsih and i dont have anymoney at all to spend right now one a new amp... i was just wondering if anyone knows about any little tricks or anything that could help improve the tone or overall sound of my amp thanks...

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
"virtual" - an advert weasel word-means "like but not the same as the real thing."

hey i got a crate gfx and i cant really find good tones out of it... it sounds mehsih and i dont have anymoney at all to spend right now one a new amp... i was just wondering if anyone knows about any little tricks or anything that could help improve the tone or overall sound of my amp thanks...
"FlexWave Preamp"? "Sounds just like a tube amp!"?

It's not a tube amp. It is what it is.

Tell us what type of tone you want and maybe someone can chime in with a hint or two but in the final analysis, it is what it is.

I've heard some solid state amps that were ok for acoustic guitar and some that were good for slam dancing music. Just my humble opinion...

:rockon2:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Let me see here... $400... Crate... solid state... 120 watts... 2x12. Good luck. :eek:

Sell it and buy a Randall RG75... just bought one for a little over $350. Best practice amp I've owned. Hell, even some digital POS would be better than a Crate :eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts