The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a Reverend Double Agent from a GC member last year. Noticed some finish cracking around neck pocket after the fact. As I understand it, this is not uncommon for set neck guitars, especially those with heavy poly finishes. Don’t really play the guitar so trying to sell. One buyer wanted to see a pic of neck pocket. Sure enough, as per the the attached pics, the cracks are in the wood and not just the finish. Trying to determine
whether this is as serious an issue as it looks, and if so could it be repaired easily. Trying to determine selling price/impact on value

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
When I’ve had guitars with cracks around the neck pocket, it’s usually at the heel inside the horn. My experience is limited to bolt on neck Fender products though. You mention set neck above, I presume that’s a typo.

I’m not the right person to comment on a repair, or the significance of the crack, but I’m wondering what it looks like inside the pickup route? If the cracks go that far...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
I can't imagine it's a big deal other than asthetically.
I would imagine the neck is a very tight fit and probabaly expanded a little.
You may want to take the pickup out and see if it goes through, but even if it does I'm sure you can get some glue in it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts