The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

341 - 360 of 397 Posts

·
Registered
7,689 Posts
A lawyer in Windsor has served a local restaurant with a suit suing them for refusal of service after he refused to put on a mask. There is a notice right outside the window saying masks are manditory for service. I would bet that same lawyer has been into places where a jacket is required and never thought twice about it.

Watch CTV News London | Local News Video | Top Headlines

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
What do you expect from a lawyer discrimination my ass he is just being an asshole and wasting the time of courts he should go F himself.

·
Registered
24,528 Posts
And I'll wager he's wearing a suit and tie. How on earth does someone strangling themselves with a bloody necktie find it in themself to complain about a face mask like it's orders of magnitude worse? Or is the complaint more on the order of "It's bad enough I'm expected to wear this bloody stuff, and now you want to add masks on top of that?"

·
Registered
13,696 Posts
What do you expect from a lawyer discrimination my ass he is just being an asshole and wasting the time of courts he should go F himself.
I find it sort of Ironic that towards the end of the clip there's a server with a mask bringing what looks like it could be food to two guys without masks and drinking beer. You can tell there's no 'social distancing' there. Same if you're in your car and picking up your order their. But, what it boils down to, is the place can set their own rules and you have to follow them....be it for masks, no cash or even having to wear a tie.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I respect this virus but am not too personally concerned about it for myself or family. I’m not anti mask, or pro mask. It’s something that is required with circumstances. I work in health care so if I’m in direct patient care? Absolutely. If I go into Costco at 930 am and I am one of 20 people in the massive store, I’m not wearing one. But I’m not worried about social distancing. If I’m going to eat in...nope. Wear a mask to pull it down to eat? Kinda silly. If I’m needing to be somewhere with a lot of people where I can’t control my space? Yes, wear a mask. We are going to Mexico in December. I’ll be absolutely masking in the airport on plane...and possibly MX as well depending on lines etc. But I do think it’s still the individuals choice and nothing good becomes of public (or internet) hostility between opposing views.

I feel that masks really shouldn’t be the issue. The true impact is closures. That’s the true issue in this covid fustercluck. Increasing poverty, addiction, Mental health concerns because of a number of cases with an unknown number of how many are symptomatic. A true case is the virus with actual symptoms. In that context this is MUCH lower.

one other thing....I’ve read comments on people cleaning with bleach after jams etc. Transmission by fomites has been proven by the cdc to be about a t0 %/0.1% chance

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do you think those 2 issues may be related to each other? Just a little maybe?
Did I say they weren’t? Of course they impact each other. If you can’t control your distance from others appropriately, wear a mask. Masks don’t necessarily stop you from getting or spreading SARS-COV2, but the latest research looks like symptoms may be dependant on the “dose” of the virus on inoculation. So a mask most likely prevents receiving a larger dose of the virus and therefore (hopefully) become less sick!

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
RJP110,

I was wondering how long it would take the "Shame Police" to show up and reprimand someone who questions the paranoid hysteria around masking.

Thanks for sharing an educated, thoughtful opinion.

·
Registered
18 Posts
RJP110,

I was wondering how long it would take the "Shame Police" to show up and reprimand someone who questions the paranoid hysteria around masking.

Thanks for sharing an educated, thoughtful opinion.
Thanks! Yeah, I get it kinda. Being front line I’ve flip flopped “sides” a few times lol. In the end though I realize everyone (for the most part) just wants to do the right thing and get through this. And honestly, no one knows whether masks really do prevent the spread of this virus. It’s not like you can ethically take 100 people and split 50 with masks and 50 without and dose each with covid! So it’s a lot of observational hypothesis. But I personally believe that it makes sense there are benefits.

·
Registered
7,689 Posts
paranoid hysteria
I wouldn't use that to describe it. At least not for me. I think it is a practical and easy precaution to take when circumstances dictate it. It's a reasonable precaution.

Now, if you want to talk about hysteria, it is equal in some instances in the opposite direction. The "anti-maskers" see it as an attack on their liberties and deny the whole concept out of hand, thinking their "rights" are more valuable than the consequences being a higher infection/death count. There are hundreds of things people do every day, and laws surrounding them that are for the greater good of public safety.

Even if the mask science is completely wrong, which it is not, what are you really out? So you wear a something over your face for a while for no reason what so ever. Is that so bad? In some cases, like mine for instance, it's an asthetic improvement...lol.

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
I wouldn't use that to describe it. At least not for me. I think it is a practical and easy precaution to take when circumstances dictate it. It's a reasonable precaution.

Now, if you want to talk about hysteria, it is equal in some instances in the opposite direction. The "anti-maskers" see it as an attack on their liberties and deny the whole concept out of hand, thinking their "rights" are more valuable than the consequences being a higher infection/death count. There are hundreds of things people do every day, and laws surrounding them that are for the greater good of public safety.

Even if the mask science is completely wrong, which it is not, what are you really out? So you wear a something over your face for a while for no reason what so ever. Is that so bad? In some cases, like mine for instance, it's an asthetic improvement...lol.
Exactly. It's the anti-maskers that are the ones driven to borderline violence (definitely verbally assaulting service industry workers) over something as basic as wearing a mask. No one here is shaming anyone. Rjp110 isn't even saying that in his posts either. No one needs to jump to defend him.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Thanks! Yeah, I get it kinda. Being front line I’ve flip flopped “sides” a few times lol. In the end though I realize everyone (for the most part) just wants to do the right thing and get through this. And honestly, no one knows whether masks really do prevent the spread of this virus. It’s not like you can ethically take 100 people and split 50 with masks and 50 without and dose each with covid! So it’s a lot of observational hypothesis. But I personally believe that it makes sense there are benefits.
Masks are a godsend in areas with high infection rates. I use N95 masks when required by law or when in a highly populated space...I think a mask rated to stop particles of a certain size to be worth the extra effort. I know there is debate and misinfo around particle size, but it still makes me feel like I have an extra added benefit, and am actually helping to stop the spread more so than most of the folks you see with their old drapes or used underwear on their face...lol. How`s that for virtue signalling?

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
An acquaintance of my social group is one of the countries leading SARS experts and my sister in law is a respiratory therapist. While I will read a discussion with anyone about this, I am going to go with their advice on masks. I'm not saying that to be confrontational, it's just that one of these people is an actual expert. The type of person more people should be listening to.

·
Registered
7,689 Posts
Exactly. It's the anti-maskers that are the ones driven to borderline violence (definitely verbally assaulting service industry workers) over something as basic as wearing a mask. No one here is shaming anyone. Rjp110 isn't even saying that in his posts either. No one needs to jump to defend him.
My appologies. I didn't mean for anyone to take it as attacking RJP. It is good common sense he is promoting by agreeing that mask wearing in the proper circumstance are a good thing. He also points out that there are places where it's just not needed. I don't think there has been a consensus on how long the hang time is for airborne virus. Exposing yourself to less is good practical advise, but you don't need to be wearing it in your car when the only other person with you is someone you live with for example.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah, just to clarify....I never stated I feel masks are of no benefit. Where social distancing isn’t possible and you’re in a position where you aren’t needing to constantly lower it to eat, wear a mask! If you’re in your car? Ummm, no. Outside on a run with no one around? Nope. Not needed.
And in total agreement on the anti maskers. Yes, you guys are freedom fighters preventing Bill Gates from micro chipping us all in the guise of a vaccine lol.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
They are concerned because they believe that they are never going to have the same freedoms they had previously. I understand that, as some people live to be free, travel, investigate and explore. I`m one of them.

I`m doing the polite thing to appease and respect the fears a considerable number of you cultivate. It`s better to let people live in their bubbles than try and change their minds.

Information streams mostly dictate our beliefs.

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
Yeah, just to clarify....I never stated I feel masks are of no benefit. Where social distancing isn’t possible and you’re in a position where you aren’t needing to constantly lower it to eat, wear a mask! If you’re in your car? Ummm, no. Outside on a run with no one around? Nope. Not needed.
And in total agreement on the anti maskers. Yes, you guys are freedom fighters preventing Bill Gates from micro chipping us all in the guise of a vaccine lol.
I always see people pick on people in cars, but I'll tell you why I wear my mask in a car. I'll generally be trying to run all my errands quickly in a morning. You are supposed to touch the masks as little as possible, so I just leave it on until I am done rather than taking it on and off every time I go into a store. So I am one of those people you might see wearing a mask in a car. I know a lot of others have them on for the same reason.

It also prevents running back to the car if I forget my mask in those scenarios. Something I am sure we have all done.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Can I make a general comment without you immediately self-identifying with it?

FFS...that` just too funny.

We all agree here that masks area good idea...

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
But they do know masks work. CDC is very certain it spreads mostly through the air.
Any mask will help, better masks work better. I agree that determining how well a mask works is hard to quantify for sure. And that's part of the issue...people seem to want "numbers" to prove something will reduce the virus spread, when those sorts of results don't exist. Experts all agree on this:
Stay away from people. Wash your hands. Wear masks.
These all reduce the risk of getting and spreading it.

341 - 360 of 397 Posts