The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
4761 - 4780 of 4793 Posts

·
Banned
11,532 Posts
I tried going to a walk-in clinic last year, for what eventually turned out to be a not-big-enough-to-require-surgery gallstone. There are two walk-in clinics within walking distance of our home. One was not accepting walk-ins, and the other accepted walk-ins but required early registration. When my slot came around, some 5-6 hours later, I was one of only two people in the building, the other one seeming to be a medical student. She sent me to the hospital, because it was outside of what she was authorized to examine. Again, we have a family doctor (as did the woman who came in for "a checkup") but the sharp and unusual pain began on a day when her office was closed.

Are there malingerers and attention-seekers out in the general populace? Sure. Always have been. But the current circumstances are siphoning anything and everything to hospital ERs, including those who might otherwise be told by a family doctor or walk-in clinic "It's nothing to worry about".

And that is part of what gets my dander up about those who are slack in their compliance with public health measures or dissuade others (intentionally or otherwise) from complying with them. It's an ER almost entirely of our own making.
I am referencing news stories in the GTA where there are hundreds, if not thousands, of walk-in clinics. These people could easily go to one, they just treat the hospital as their family doctor or are drama queens who think feeling unwell is an emergency.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Ottawa reported flat numbers for wastewater testing over the past week or so as well with the same hopeful conclusion that we are plateauing

·
Registered
146 Posts
Random thing I learned today, covid positive people arrested and apprehended by police are transported via ambulance (in Toronto, anyway)

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
That is pretty wild!

" Nobody was paying attention to these conventional technologies,” Bottazzi said.
Hotez and Bottazzi attracted little government funding, even as the government’s vaccine development effort, Operation Warp Speed, showered pharmaceutical companies with cash. But they kept at it. "

" The vaccine is relatively cheap to produce and easy to store, and it can be created anywhere hepatitis B vaccines are manufactured. "

Lets see if the clinical trial results are good

·
Registered
2006 Custom Christopher Reesor Classical
334 Posts
arfff!!! All from a media site that wants you to sign up to view their content and might even sell tin foil hats to subscribers.

The contact tracing done from the data is confidential and is not used for purposes of prosecution. The data helps estimate the spread of the disease and is somewhat useful in post mortem studies of how areas of tin foil hat anti maskers and anti vaxers spread covid in their ignorance of why the measures were implemented. As well as predict the short term areas of the country at greatest risk from normal daily travel. If someone is arrested for traveling and charged with "spreading covid in a criminal manner" as a result of the data being collected then I would scream about my privacy as would any sensible naked headed Canadian who does not believe in the efficacy of wearing tin foil hats.

I suggest that if CSIS were to attach apple tracking dongles to anti masker and anti maskers cars the way thieves are in the US and Canada, I would be worried about the motives of our government(s).

·
Registered
13,372 Posts
arfff!!! All from a media site that wants you to sign up to view their content and might even sell tin foil hats to subscribers.

The contact tracing done from the data is confidential and is not used for purposes of prosecution. The data helps estimate the spread of the disease and is somewhat useful in post mortem studies of how areas of tin foil hat anti maskers and anti vaxers spread covid in their ignorance of why the measures were implemented. As well as predict the short term areas of the country at greatest risk from normal daily travel. If someone is arrested for traveling and charged with "spreading covid in a criminal manner" as a result of the data being collected then I would scream about my privacy as would any sensible naked headed Canadian who does not believe in the efficacy of wearing tin foil hats.

I suggest that if CSIS were to attach apple tracking dongles to anti masker and anti maskers cars the way thieves are in the US and Canada, I would be worried about the motives of our government(s).
that's incredibly naïve. canada's gov't, like my own, had been caught doing shady stuff to their people many times. trusting them is foolish

·
Registered
2006 Custom Christopher Reesor Classical
334 Posts
that's incredibly naïve. canada's gov't, like my own, had been caught doing shady stuff to their people many times. trusting them is foolish
I had a dream. And in that dream last night, Covfefe-19 started to breakup and give up this July. It gave up and went back into the closets from which it came, plain and simple. People were working and not taking sick days at random. The economy boomed because people actually felt great and were out working and happy. Twitter was alight with happy campers, Facebook was useful again and the weary Covfefe stressed and griping vox populi vox dei were starting to show sensible restraint in their curses and accusations of those who choose to serve the populace.

We are at war with Covfefe-19 and the way it has restricted our freedoms lately. This disease has made many prone to mistrust each other regardless of stripes and origins and Covfeve-19 disease is still the greatest threat to our future freedom. Cocfeve-19 cares not about ones freedom, stripes, borders or origin it infects the body of the people and distorts the mind of otherwise sane humans.

People actually are the government the last time I looked. If not then we are all in big trouble especially here in the west where we take pride in our origins and freedom of belief.

4761 - 4780 of 4793 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.