The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
3461 - 3480 of 3636 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,782 Posts
So have I, and the reruns don't hold up as well as Seinfeld or Brooklyn Nine-NIne, or even M.A.S.H..
Funny you should say that. I’m currently watching Seinfeld episodes on Netflix with my 13/14 year old boys (their first time) and it really holds up. It still makes me laugh. Festivus for the rest of us. And now for the airing of grievances…

·
Premium Member
27,238 Posts
You're WEAK! I mean, not that there's anything wrong with that.

13/14 year-old boys? So I gather you're going out to buy another 4l of milk between Seinfeld episodes? When our youngest finally left home, the joke was that we changed from checking to see if there was enough milk to make it through until morning, to checking to see if the milk was past the expiry date. You'll see in due time.

·
Premium Member
3,782 Posts
Yeah, generally 4L of milk a day when they visit. I’m sure they tone it back a notch because I bitch about it. I’ve always kind of maintained a family rule though that….if the kids asked if they could have some milk or fresh fruit the answer is always yes.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
This relates directly to the PCR test and the CT level performed. Based on what primers they are using, anything over 25 will give you a high rate of false positives, and as such should be ruled out as a prime diagnostic tool. And yet that is exactly what's been used to drive policy decisions. Think case mania....
So ,according to the following statement as entered on the Public Health Ontario website the 38 Cycle Threshold value which is used to determine a positive test result during the polymerase chain reaction testing is 13 cycles above what they should be using?

It is also mentioned within this article that each PCR brand has a different CT cut off point. I would have thought it be best to choose the most accurate test brand for all testing to help standardize testing across the country to ensure the best possible testing control,... but I realize we are talking about government function here. It was also interesting to read that CT test values can change as a result of increased transportation times, sample storage conditions, and sample collection method.

How do you know when a COVID-19 test is positive?
"PCR tests tell you if the virus is detected (positive) or not (negative). Each PCR test has cutoff points (the number of cycles it runs), which tells the machine to stop running the test. It is important to note that different brands who make the PCR tests may have different cutoff values based on how sensitive the test is and how the test is designed. Additionally, laboratories across the province involved in COVID-19 testing use different testing kits.

At PHO, we have developed a PCR test in our lab, with positive and negative cutoff points. The cutoff point for a positive result for PHO’s developed lab test is 38 cycles. This means that if the virus is found at or before 38 cycles are completed, then the test is considered positive. The cutoff point for a negative result is 40 cycles. If the virus is detected between 38 and 40 cycles, we call this an indeterminate or inconclusive result. All inconclusive results are considered probable (likely) cases for public health reporting. "

Link to Public Health Ontario article: https://www.publichealthontario.ca/...ined-covid19-pcr-testing-and-cycle-thresholds

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
So ,according to the following statement as entered on the Public Health Ontario website the 38 Cycle Threshold value which is used to determine a positive test result during the polymerase chain reaction testing is 13 cycles above what they should be using?

It is also mentioned within this article that each PCR brand has a different CT cut off point. I would have thought it be best to choose the most accurate test brand for all testing to help standardize testing across the country to ensure the best possible testing control,... but I realize we are talking about government function here. It was also interesting to read that CT test values can change as a result of increased transportation times, sample storage conditions, and sample collection method.

How do you know when a COVID-19 test is positive?
"PCR tests tell you if the virus is detected (positive) or not (negative). Each PCR test has cutoff points (the number of cycles it runs), which tells the machine to stop running the test. It is important to note that different brands who make the PCR tests may have different cutoff values based on how sensitive the test is and how the test is designed. Additionally, laboratories across the province involved in COVID-19 testing use different testing kits.

At PHO, we have developed a PCR test in our lab, with positive and negative cutoff points. The cutoff point for a positive result for PHO’s developed lab test is 38 cycles. This means that if the virus is found at or before 38 cycles are completed, then the test is considered positive. The cutoff point for a negative result is 40 cycles. If the virus is detected between 38 and 40 cycles, we call this an indeterminate or inconclusive result. All inconclusive results are considered probable (likely) cases for public health reporting. "

Link to Public Health Ontario article: https://www.publichealthontario.ca/...ined-covid19-pcr-testing-and-cycle-thresholds
In this French study by Didier Raoult, testing above a CT of 35, no samples remained infectious in a cell culture.

I guess they like looking at genetic fragments in Ontario (and most other provinces in Canada).

From the article (in France) it appears they've settled on a CT of 25 as their cut off point....the drop off to 30 (in keeping samples alive in a cell culture) is appox. 50%. Quite dramatic. That being said, where you are at a point in time, as far as viral load can change...so somewhere between 25 and 30 could still be noteworthy. And given other symptoms even above 30, depending where they are on the disease cycle could be of interest. However, I think for a case to be called a case, should still be someone who presents to a medical professional with symptoms, and then receives treatment accordingly.

Earlier this year the CDC dropped their CT cut off to 28.

Sidebar....Dylan Larkin, the Red Wings hockey player, was pulled off the ice in Dallas on Tuesday night, in between the 2nd and 3rd period. Positive Covid test....he tested negative the next day, and played last night in Vegas. In Dallas they blamed an 'old' machine as the culprit. Fun times.

·
Registered
11,146 Posts
Funny you should say that. I’m currently watching Seinfeld episodes on Netflix with my 13/14 year old boys (their first time) and it really holds up. It still makes me laugh. Festivus for the rest of us. And now for the airing of grievances…
Oh fuck I hated that show. Absolutely hated it.

·
Registered
11,146 Posts
I'll ask the same two question I ask everyone else:

1) Do you want this pandemic to go away?

2) If so, what steps could be taken to expedite that?

Your stance seems to be that everything authorities are pursuing, so as to make this pandemic go away, and restore economic vitality to the whole of the nation, is wrong. Okay, have any better ideas?

Apparently it is all fake so nothing needs to be done.

·
Premium Member
2,283 Posts
Apparently it is all fake so nothing needs to be done.
My favourite is when the people claiming it’s a “super deadly virus created by the Illuminati in a secret lab” are also the same ones refusing the vaccine because “its no worse than a bad cold”.

·
Registered
11,146 Posts
My favourite is when the people claiming it’s a “super deadly virus created by the Illuminati in a secret lab” are also the same ones refusing the vaccine because “its no worse than a bad cold”.

I saw one yesterday claiming that "the experts say that all the vaccinated will start dropping dead in 2025, but I think it will happen earlier and will start in 2022". I wonder what the dumb cunt will say when none of that actually happens?

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
I’ve never seen it.
Then you don't know what you're missing.:) It's on Netflix right now if you want to have a look.

Jerry: I'm here for my rental car.
Attendant: Sorry sir but we don't have any cars.
Jerry: But I have a reservation. Do you know what a reservation is?
Attendant: I know what a reservation is Sir
Jerry: I don't think you do. If you did, you'd have a car.

What was this thread about again? Oh ya, Covid19. . . . On with the copy/pasting

·
Registered
11,146 Posts
Jerry: I'm here for my rental car.
Attendant: Sorry sir but we don't have any cars.
Jerry: But I have a reservation. Do you know what a reservation is?
Attendant: I know what a reservation is Sir
Jerry: I don't think you do. If you did, you'd have a car.

Wow, that was hysterical....................................

3461 - 3480 of 3636 Posts