The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
3441 - 3460 of 3636 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,236 Posts
There was no mention of any high level Covid infection amongst the 10 players and one coach who tested positive,... but it does appear that the testing was unreliable with some players testing positive, then negative and then positive again. I'm assuming we would have heard if any of the players or coach were hospitalized.

Wonder how many false positive tests have occurred within this country and worldwide that have been included in the total number of active cases column since testing began,... or do they incorporate a false positive reduction percentage from the overall equation?

Interesting development with 98 to 99 percent of NHL players being vaccinated.
I suspect the rate of false positives is a function of a) the desire for a rapid test, rather than a more valid and reliable one, and b) the sheer volume of testing being carried out by the various labs.

As I understood it, the strategy associated with rapid testing was that negative results could be relied on, but positive results would trigger closer examination. Unfortunately, our collective impatience has somehow made the rapid test as the norm, rather than some sort of tentative provisional information.

I guess this is a case of "You get what you wait for".

·
Premium Member
27,236 Posts
The announcement will be made later today about approval of one of the vaccines for children 5-11, and municipal health authorities will be gearing up for immunization programs.

Just a reminder to those with children in that age range, who might be skittish about needles. If the child pinches themself reasonably hard on another part of their body - for instance, the soft flesh around the elbow on the arm that isn't being injected - it distracts considerably from whatever discomfort is expected from the needle itself; kind of like a crude form of acupuncture for pain management (and quite possibly part of how acupuncture came to be in the first place). I've seen it work quite well, and self-pinching isn't perceived as painful ,the same way that it's hard to tickle yourself.

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
There was no mention of any high level Covid infection amongst the 10 players and one coach who tested positive,... but it does appear that the testing was unreliable with some players testing positive, then negative and then positive again. I'm assuming we would have heard if any of the players or coach were hospitalized.

Wonder how many false positive tests have occurred within this country and worldwide that have been included in the total number of active cases column since testing began,... or do they incorporate a false positive reduction percentage from the overall equation?

Interesting development with 98 to 99 percent of NHL players being vaccinated.
This relates directly to the PCR test and the CT level performed. Based on what primers they are using, anything over 25 will give you a high rate of false positives, and as such should be ruled out as a prime diagnostic tool. And yet that is exactly what's been used to drive policy decisions. Think case mania....

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
The announcement will be made later today about approval of one of the vaccines for children 5-11, and municipal health authorities will be gearing up for immunization programs.

Just a reminder to those with children in that age range, who might be skittish about needles. If the child pinches themself reasonably hard on another part of their body - for instance, the soft flesh around the elbow on the arm that isn't being injected - it distracts considerably from whatever discomfort is expected from the needle itself; kind of like a crude form of acupuncture for pain management (and quite possibly part of how acupuncture came to be in the first place). I've seen it work quite well, and self-pinching isn't perceived as painful ,the same way that it's hard to tickle yourself.
These 'vaccines' are not immunizing agents, as evidenced by their performance so far. At best they are one kind of drug therapy in a larger immunotherapy field of available protocols.

Acupuncture was developed over many years, and used live subjects (usually some sort of prisoner) who were cut, sliced, and diced whilst alive, to find out the different neural pathways and their galvanic response mechanisms. Acupuncture is an amazing medical tool.

·
Premium Member
27,236 Posts
These 'vaccines' are not immunizing agents, as evidenced by their performance so far. At best they are one kind of drug therapy in a larger immunotherapy field of available protocols.

Acupuncture was developed over many years, and used live subjects (usually some sort of prisoner) who were cut, sliced, and diced whilst alive, to find out the different neural pathways and their galvanic response mechanisms. Acupuncture is an amazing medical tool.
What the heck are you smoking? Acupuncture is quite old; several thousand years by some estimates. Its application for purposes other than pain control, such as treatment for various diseases or other problems, is a whole other kettle of fish. But the understanding of how it functions to alter pain perception is now fairly well understood. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gate_control_theory

Many medical and other treatments we now use find their roots in much earlier crude attempts that people stumbled onto without understanding what they were doing, and occasionally misattributing to mystical factors. Consider vaccines. Until recently, most conventional vaccines used "deactivated" pathogens that could provide a learning opportunity for the immune system without posing a corresponding health challenge that would come from an active pathogen. Earliest vaccines were the use of pus from cows (vaches) infected with cowpox, and applied to humans; the pustules containing deactivated pox pathogens. Okay, find me a child in the world that does NOT eat their boogers. What is a booger? It is dried mucus, whose purpose is to trap and destroy pathogens coming in through the nose. That's primitive immunization. And if it wasn't beneficial, I would imagine that evolution would have made it taste simply awful to humans, the same way that the preponderance of toxic substances taste awful and bitter to us. My suggested strategy for children to block out the very brief pain of a needle being inserted (and I think that most adults would tell you they barely felt anything when they got their flu or Covid shot), is based on how we have learned pain perception works, and indeed how most people will address one source of pain in their body by deliberately stimulating another area.

I'm not going to debate you about vaccines, because clearly you have adopted a contrarian stance opposed to them on principle.

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
What the heck are you smoking? Acupuncture is quite old; several thousand years by some estimates. Its application for purposes other than pain control, such as treatment for various diseases or other problems, is a whole other kettle of fish. But the understanding of how it functions to alter pain perception is now fairly well understood. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gate_control_theory

Many medical and other treatments we now use find their roots in much earlier crude attempts that people stumbled onto without understanding what they were doing, and occasionally misattributing to mystical factors. Consider vaccines. Until recently, most conventional vaccines used "deactivated" pathogens that could provide a learning opportunity for the immune system without posing a corresponding health challenge that would come from an active pathogen. Earliest vaccines were the use of pus from cows (vaches) infected with cowpox, and applied to humans; the pustules containing deactivated pox pathogens. Okay, find me a child in the world that does NOT eat their boogers. What is a booger? It is dried mucus, whose purpose is to trap and destroy pathogens coming in through the nose. That's primitive immunization. And if it wasn't beneficial, I would imagine that evolution would have made it taste simply awful to humans, the same way that the preponderance of toxic substances taste awful and bitter to us. My suggested strategy for children to block out the very brief pain of a needle being inserted (and I think that most adults would tell you they barely felt anything when they got their flu or Covid shot), is based on how we have learned pain perception works, and indeed how most people will address one source of pain in their body by deliberately stimulating another area.

I'm not going to debate you about vaccines, because clearly you have adopted a contrarian stance opposed to them on principle.
I posit that giving children these 'vaccines' is a form of child abuse.

On a basic epidemiological basis, children, because of their 0.00 whatever chance of mortality from covid, should not be given a still experimental drug (moving the dates forward from the original clinical studies guideline notwithstanding). They should be allowed to lead the way in natural herd immunity, because we will not get to herd immunity with these leaky (actually very leaky) vaccines.

The only principle here are facts. The immune response to the mRNA vaccines is not to the whole virion, and as such any changes (e.g. the delta variant) are bypassing the acquired response, causing infection and therefore increasing transmissibility (not a good thing for herd immunity). To get the body to accept the injection, there are signals that turn off a TLR responder that signals T cel immunity, and as such, opens one up for sleeping viruses that co-inhabit the body peacefully, up to this point. A good case to highlight is the rise of shingles cases in vaccine recipients. Also the spike protein has a docking mechanism that connects it to the cel, thus allowing it transfer it's message to the cel. It has been found to now be breaking free, resulting in millions/billions, of them floating freely in the body. The polyethylene glycol has already been shown to accumulate in soft tissue and be reactogenic. This was not intended.

And the latest study from Sweden has shown the lipid encased spike to be entering the cel.....you know the land where your DNA lives (the nucleus and in the mitochondria) What will be the result of this? No one knows yet, but it should be interesting. Is this where the transhumanism effects begin. News at eleven Bob.

One thing about jabbing the children is certain. They are an excellent entry point for digital ID.

Mass vaccination in the middle of a pandemic is dumb....it will only drive immune escape and lengthen the duration. We're all going to get it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I suspect the rate of false positives is a function of a) the desire for a rapid test, rather than a more valid and reliable one, and b) the sheer volume of testing being carried out by the various labs.

As I understood it, the strategy associated with rapid testing was that negative results could be relied on, but positive results would trigger closer examination. Unfortunately, our collective impatience has somehow made the rapid test as the norm, rather than some sort of tentative provisional information.

I guess this is a case of "You get what you wait for".
With the rapid tests particularly, the risk is skewed towards false negatives (people who really are positive) vs false positives.
Rapid tests are less sensitive, so are likely to miss positive results.
For both PCR and the rapid antigen testing, a false positive is mostly a result of contaminated samples.

Where the flip-flopping results in PCR testing come from tend to be when a person is at the very beginning/very end of an infection. Viral load is low, and so the physical particles are less likely to be picked up on a single swab.

The other thing that can be seen with a pcr test is sensitivity - based on the how many times the centrifuge has to run to read positive.

·
Premium Member
27,236 Posts
I posit that giving children these 'vaccines' is a form of child abuse.

On a basic epidemiological basis, children, because of their 0.00 whatever chance of mortality from covid, should not be given a still experimental drug (moving the dates forward from the original clinical studies guideline notwithstanding). They should be allowed to lead the way in natural herd immunity, because we will not get to herd immunity with these leaky (actually very leaky) vaccines.

The only principle here are facts. The immune response to the mRNA vaccines is not to the whole virion, and as such any changes (e.g. the delta variant) are bypassing the acquired response, causing infection and therefore increasing transmissibility (not a good thing for herd immunity). To get the body to accept the injection, there are signals that turn off a TLR responder that signals T cel immunity, and as such, opens one up for sleeping viruses that co-inhabit the body peacefully, up to this point. A good case to highlight is the rise of shingles cases in vaccine recipients. Also the spike protein has a docking mechanism that connects it to the cel, thus allowing it transfer it's message to the cel. It has been found to now be breaking free, resulting in millions/billions, of them floating freely in the body. The polyethylene glycol has already been shown to accumulate in soft tissue and be reactogenic. This was not intended.

And the latest study from Sweden has shown the lipid encased spike to be entering the cel.....you know the land where your DNA lives (the nucleus and in the mitochondria) What will be the result of this? No one knows yet, but it should be interesting. Is this where the transhumanism effects begin. News at eleven Bob.

One thing about jabbing the children is certain. They are an excellent entry point for digital ID.

Mass vaccination in the middle of a pandemic is dumb....it will only drive immune escape and lengthen the duration. We're all going to get it.
I'll ask the same two question I ask everyone else:

1) Do you want this pandemic to go away?

2) If so, what steps could be taken to expedite that?

Your stance seems to be that everything authorities are pursuing, so as to make this pandemic go away, and restore economic vitality to the whole of the nation, is wrong. Okay, have any better ideas?

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I spent a week of my vacation this past summer in some conversation with a cottage neighbour who happens to be an epidemiologist. He's working on a research team with fellow epidemiologists as well as vaccinologists studying the effects and effectiveness of the various Covid vaccines. While he tried to keep things in layman's terms in the end I asked him if he would get his kids vaccinated once it becomes available to them (2 of his 3 are under 12). His response, "They'll be the first in line". Either he's a serious sociopath who feels compelled to donate his kids to scientific research or he's a well informed parent who see's this as a means to an end. I get that his team's 20,000+ hours of peer reviewed research may not hold up to my 10 1/2 hours of Google searches over the last year and a half but it has to be worth something. (Sarcasm intended).

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
I spent a week of my vacation this past summer in some conversation with a cottage neighbour who happens to be an epidemiologist. He's working on a research team with fellow epidemiologists as well as vaccinologists study the effects and effectiveness of the various Covid vaccines. While he tried to keep things in layman's terms in the end I asked him if he would get his kids vaccinated once it becomes available to them (2 of his 3 are under 12). His response, "They'll be the first in line". Either he's a serious sociopath who feels compelled to donate his kids to scientific research or he's a well informed parent who see's this as a means to an end. I get that his 20,000+ hours of peer reviewed research may not hold up to my 10 1/2 hours of Google searches over the last year and a half but it has to be worth something. (Sarcasm intended).
Nonsense. My postal worker sister-in-law in South Carolina spent countless hours Googling stuff whilst on the toilet. She knows the real truth. ;)

Oh, and they never landed on the moon and the earth is flat and Elvis is still alive but Paul is dead ..................

·
Premium Member
27,236 Posts
I spent a week of my vacation this past summer in some conversation with a cottage neighbour who happens to be an epidemiologist. He's working on a research team with fellow epidemiologists as well as vaccinologists studying the effects and effectiveness of the various Covid vaccines. While he tried to keep things in layman's terms in the end I asked him if he would get his kids vaccinated once it becomes available to them (2 of his 3 are under 12). His response, "They'll be the first in line". Either he's a serious sociopath who feels compelled to donate his kids to scientific research or he's a well informed parent who see's this as a means to an end. I get that his team's 20,000+ hours of peer reviewed research may not hold up to my 10 1/2 hours of Google searches over the last year and a half but it has to be worth something. (Sarcasm intended).
There are things we know are true, and pure logic allows us to propose them. And there are things we think are probably the case, but we are obliged to withhold any inferences until empirical evidence clearly indicates that we were correct OR wrong OR that it's a little more complicated than initially assumed. It probably was the case all along that the Pfizer-Biontech vaccine was fine for kids. But because they were not included (and are RARELY included) in initial safety/efficacy testing (same way very old people weren't, either), no one had any sense of what appropriate dosage was, or whether it had the same degree of efficacy AND safety as in younger and older adults. In other words, the data to compel what the initial hunch was, and how it would be implemented in practice, simply wasn't there. But now we have it, and have rigorously evaluated it.

As for why Health Canada took a bit longer, that's because regulatory bodies DO not and SHOULD not simply nod and mutter "What they said". The evaluation certainly takes into account the basis that other regulatory bodies evaluated something as safe or unsafe or conditionally safe. But each regulatory body approaches evaluation as if they are the first and only ones to do so - i.e., independently - and work with the data/evidence they are provided. As my wife noted to me, "If we agree with another regulatory body, we have to explain and defend on what basis we do so, and if we disagree, we also have to defend why."

There certainly are things about juvenile immune systems that will be different than mature and elderly ones, so it was sensible to wait until the data came in. A big tip of the hat to those parents who volunteered their kids on behalf of all the other kids and their parents. I heard on CBC this morning that the minimum interval between 1st and 2nd doses for the 5-11 group can actually be longer than was the case for adults. Apparently, after 8 weeks, vaccinated kids are still showing a very good antibody count; better than many adults did. Keep in mind the minimum needed interval is distinct from the optimum interval. We purposely waited about 12 weeks between 1st and 2nd dose, based on reports of maximum efficacy. I don't know anything about peak efficacy of 2nd dose for kids; only that going back for a 2nd hit, 8 or fewer weeks doesn't add anything.

·
Premium Member
27,236 Posts
With the rapid tests particularly, the risk is skewed towards false negatives (people who really are positive) vs false positives.
Rapid tests are less sensitive, so are likely to miss positive results.
An acknowledged flaw. That said, if a rapid test does come up positive, in spite of the greater likelihood of false negatives, that's reason to look a little closer and use a stronger test.

When I used to work in employment testing, the rationale was that one uses machine-scorable short tests for "volume-management" purposes, to shrink a big pile down to a small one, and then you direct the top quintile or whatever to sensitive tests that are more costly and labour-intensive to score.

Of course, if a quick machine-scorable test designates me as "not good enough" when I actually am (i.e., false negative), I can always apply for a different job, and my performance does not impact on others. False negatives with a communicable and deadly disease is a whole other matter. We need to acknowledge that this risk of false negatives from imperfect rapid testing did not "have to" exist. It exists because of demand from people, from businesses, and from governments.

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
I'll ask the same two question I ask everyone else:

1) Do you want this pandemic to go away?

2) If so, what steps could be taken to expedite that?

Your stance seems to be that everything authorities are pursuing, so as to make this pandemic go away, and restore economic vitality to the whole of the nation, is wrong. Okay, have any better ideas?
1). No I want it to stay because it's so much fun.
2). Early treatment as used successfully by the FLCCC, and other medical bodies around the world. Treat it as a medical imperative and stop politicizing it. Obesity is the main co factor in extended sickness....lose weight and get in shape. Preventive measures....from early on I read autopsy reports that pointed out low levels of Vitamin D in a large percentage of those deceased....get your Vitamin D levels up, an important co-factor in respiratory health. And there's a long list of prophylactic supplements that will increase one's immune system. Simple .....and cheap.

Stop all the fines and punitive punishments. And stop firing people because they don't want to get the jab, especially those who already had Covid. Those who worked through it on the medical front line, went from heroes to zeroes....and most of them had it....absolutely insulting and disgusting behavior.

Open up the lines of communication and stop censoring something/someone just because it doesn't fit your agenda. When you see leading epidemiologists, virologists and other medical experts from around the world being excluded/censored, you know something is very rotten indeed.

Economic vitality in Canada. Get back to work....people need a pay check to give their lives meaning....stop killing small businesses (although the damage is already done)....open up the energy sectors so we can keep fuel and heating prices down, so the regular family doesn't drown in debt.

It's endemic....we're all going to get it. Live with it.

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
Yeahhh...
That’s all I needed to see

View attachment 388498

View attachment 388499
Don't look up....look down.....over here....the 4th Industrial Revolution is here. Enjoy the benefits.

Diminishing the footfall of traditional brick and mortar businesses and institutions through social distancing and lockdowns in order to change the muscle memory of consumption habits and consolidate the gains of online business giants

Assigning citizens virtual perimeters in real-time (geofencing) inside future smart cities based on biometric data and algorithmic predictions, where GPS coordinates linked to nano-robotic biosensors can track compliance with wearable technologies to alert authorities if non-compliant citizens stray beyond ‘safe areas’

Encouraging the framing of urban planning ordinances and statutes so that cities are controlled by cloud-based applications and embedded sensor networks which can predict the behaviour of entire populations, through scanning copious volumes of data for behavioural patterns and real-time tracking of citizens

Socially engineering the public by convincing them that suffering and deprivation through draconian lockdowns and social distancing is for their own betterment, thus cementing acceptance of a new protocol which can be activated in response to any sensationalized public health threat-real or perceived-which will pave the path for future ‘climate lockdowns’ under the pretext of ‘saving the planet’

Amplifying the lingering threat of deadly variants to justify unfettered access to our bodies through intrusive pharmaceutical interventions, such as wirelessly networked medication consisting of wearable, implantable and ingestible technologies in “smart” environments, eventually integrating humans into the Internet of Bodies in a biosecurity surveillance state

Encouraging nations to enlist in the UN’s E-Government Development Index (EGDI) through the rollout of digital IDs, which will not only enable citizens to access public e-services but more importantly determine their value as human capital by global financiers

Promoting biometric passports (Digital IDs) to manufacture consent for a social credit system-akin to the Chinese technocratic model-which will presage a new era of thought control, by managing, monitoring, punitively profiling and predicting the trustworthiness of citizens through an overarching system of punishments and rewards in a future which will resemble a behaviourist panopticon

Remember, you are considered a bio hazard that needs to be reprogrammed.

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
Should be an easy sell in canada; same deal as last time just no cattle cars this time.
I love my country, but in general, we have become weak and complacent. And very compliant. If we allow fear and hysteria to be weaponized against us, it will simply fog our perception of events and break our grasp on reality, as evidenced by this mass hysteria to a really bad flu.

3441 - 3460 of 3636 Posts