The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw this and reported it

Thought it might help if more people reported on it (before the auction ends)

·
Premium Member
3,153 Posts
For the record, what are the tells you're seeing?

All I see is some weirdness with the machine heads; might not have noticed if you didn't call it out.

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts
No nibs or any sign of them, large slotted bridge posts, wrong shape on horn... ya fake.

·
Premium Member
3,153 Posts
Maybe it's my monitor, but I can't tell from those lousy pics if there are nibs or not. Didn't notice the bridge posts, but now you mention it, yeah. Thanks.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
That was some pretty bad work. I don't understand why someone would try to pass of such poor workmanship and obvious differences as a fake.

L

·
0 Posts
Because they're hoping that some uniformed sucker will think that they're getting a deal.

·
Registered
90 Posts
pictures are still there..
I don't recall if Gibson ever made the top with the two paired covers line off center. Probably not....You can see it at the bridge, the line is off center.
All my Gibsons have the line dead center in between G and D strings at the bridge. Probably this one is a custom made that will triple the value. Factory screw up, you know.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Because they're hoping that some uniformed sucker will think that they're getting a deal.
Yes, I understand that but with a little more attention to detail, they could likely fool a lot more people. If that is the business you're in, you'd think you would try to be at least half decent at it. But on second thought, we wouldn't have those shows about stupid criminals, would we?

·
Registered
9,289 Posts
Wow! That was an amazing education gentlemen! Thank you!

I would never buy something until I did my homework and a part of that would be asking anyone and everyone here before I bought!

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
And I would never buy a Gibson over the internet from someone with 0 seller feedback in the first place

Funny stuff is that the add popped up on kijiji (ebay owns kijiji, and they now run adds there), that's how I found it

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
And I would never buy a Gibson over the internet from someone with 0 seller feedback in the first place

Funny stuff is that the add popped up on kijiji (ebay owns kijiji, and they now run adds there), that's how I found it
That is so important. The good ones are close to 100% and have been around for at least a few years.

A good idea before buying is to ask other informed forum members for help, believe me, many will gladly offer their expertise, another great aspect of this forum!!!
True. And it's great that the help is so readily given.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts