The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
@Bullet and I were discussing the benefits of a dedicated 'Shipping / Moving Gear" section (or whatever it would be called) in the forums where members have a chance to post requests, actually meet up, tell a story & do good deeds all at once (see here):

Just a thought...
These kind of requests would make for a very cool forum category.
Even just locally, I'm sure there are lots of folks here who commute from one city/burb to another regularly and would gladly take gear 90% of the way to meet with a fellow member here & chat/jam.
Potential for some great stories!
@CathodeRay good suggestion and it has been discussed on this forum recently but I’m not aware of a separate section for it
I’m employed in corporate sales and I cover areas between Windsor and Brockville for my territory so if I’m going somewhere I’m happy to offer to drive some gear.
Thoughts? Suggestions?

·
Registered
4,673 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Transport Services/Requests is a good name. I am still partial to my Gear Transporter Services (GTS) because it’s a play on “transporter” and GAS, as well as because the section should also probably be *offers* and *requests* to transport.

It would also be great to have subject tags similar to For Sale section’s FS, FT, WTB, and FS/FT, so say OFFERED and REQUESTED tags.

But as a concept, this obviously has my vote.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts