The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,063 Posts
why not....seems like a great way to take my kid to her first concert. esp if theres meet and greets (she became an autograph hound this year).
Lynch and Aldrich? awesome! Bif Naked will prob be fun too.

Will Henman be hanging around the April Wine show? :)

Reactions: jdto

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Planning to go for Big Wreck, maybe a little earlier (6ish) for what’s left of April Wine (I shouldn’t go until the store has closed, been on a bit of an amp binge lately).

Any GC members that want to meet up for a pint please send a PM.

·
Premium Member
10,063 Posts
It was a good time...some long lineups of course, but tons of staff, all helpful and polite.
Overheard staff saying they had 15000 registered.

In spite of the long wait, my kid enjoyed the meet and greet with Bif Naked, who was really nice although she seemed less comfortable with us than she did with her usual typical fan age group. But she’s surprisingly funny and put on a great show. Her bass player gave me more respect for the instrument, he easily outplayed their guitarist.

Lots of food trucks, and we picked up a couple door crashers.
The trade show floor was awesome, the guys at Radial had me sold on a pedal that I would have bought but Cosmo was out of stock and wouldn’t offer me any of the days discounts if I ordered it in. Their loss, I can live without it. Would’ve made sense to snag me on an impulse buy....i’ll Likely get one on kijiji now, or the store closer to my house.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
In spite of the long wait, my kid enjoyed the meet and greet with Bif Naked, who was really nice although she seemed less comfortable with us than she did with her usual typical fan age group. But she’s surprisingly funny and put on a great show. Her bass player gave me more respect for the instrument, he easily outplayed their guitarist.
That is Dave Martone guitarist playing Parker Fly guitars (that's how I learnt about him). He is also a flamenco guitarist. Didn't know until yesterday that he is playing bass a well.
Met him later at Cosmo upstairs and had short conversation, great guy besides being great player.

Glad you had fun, we were also quite happy with everything.
Managed not to buy anything.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I attended with my wife and daughter and we had a great time. Got there about 12:30 pm, too late for any guitar clinics. Only stayed till April Wine was done. Very long day for a geezer like me so couldn't make it till Big Wreck. As long as I got to see Kim Mitchell, that was mainly who I was there to see.
I was surprised and delighted when April Wine did 21st Century Schizoid man.
I didn't buy anything either. Got a parking spot not far and brought a cooler with food as I can't stomach that junk truck food they have at these things. There were a couple accessories I was in need of but they were out of stock, so didn't spend anything.

·
Registered
24,712 Posts
To kick off the big plenary breakfast session at Summer NAMM this morning, they had a session on "retail Innovators" who have "blown up their retail model" and started over. And who did the President of NAMM bring on first for a chat? None other than the fellow behind Cosmo Fest.

So apparently, retailers see Cosmo Fest as a shining example for others to follow.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts