The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Cosmo had a couple of of rough days, wouldn't eat, wouldn't retrieve, though he didn't really complain. The vet found a bunch of rapidly growing tumours on his spleen and liver and elsewhere, and he was dangerously anemic. He was used to pain as he had arthritis but he didn't complain, ever, but it was obvious he was suffering. He wouldn't have lasted the night and so we did the most merciful thing we could and allowed him to go with the assistance of the vet.

Cosmo was trustworthy to the point of walking leashless (except in town), being free to visit the neighbours' yards to get his toys when they went over the fence, not taking what wasn't his, behaving in the car and in the canoe, and being friendly with strangers and visitors. He was a gentleman, never aggressive, even when the cat attacked him.

He lived for his frisbee, for rumbling around the lake, exploring, and for love and affection.

We couldn't bear to see him suffer, he who taught us so much about unconditional love. We had to let him go.

So, my kids came home from Ottawa and London, we're taking the weekend off to be together and appreciate what we have as well as what we had.

Time is short. Love is forever.

·
Premium Member
26,641 Posts
If there is any trait that I associate with "dog-ness", it is the almost sheer inability to resent. They certainly do have affection, but what leads us to label it as unconditional love is that, even when they would - in our world - have legitimate reasons to bear grudges, they simply don't.

And that's why WE love THEM. In a human world where there are so may obstacles to love, dogs declare "None ofthat matters". They set the example to which we aspire.

Condolences, Mooh, and many happy memories.

·
Premium Member
8,713 Posts
The only true animals that love unconditionally in this world, imo. That's why it absolutely kills when they leave us. Very, very sorry to hear.

·
Administrator
17,302 Posts
So sorry Mooh, glad you shared a love that many people don't understand.

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
So sorry, Mooh. And what a lovely eulogy/memorial.

·
Registered
10,098 Posts
You did an act of kindness.

I am so sorry! I now how it hard it is! It seems had a harder time parting with animal more so then humans!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Also sorry for your loss. Our pup passed a month ago at age 11 so I know how much they become part of the family-like another kid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 31 Posts