The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are trying to come up with a name for our band. How can I find out band names that have been copywrited?

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I don't think band names are copyrighted but I know what you mean.

Trademarked?

Are you planning on releasing an album of original material and selling lots of copies?

If not I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Premium Member
3,252 Posts
We used Rockin Horse in my last band and there are quite a Rockin Horse or variations of the name on Reverbnation. I'd just pick one you like and go with it. Just make sure there's no local bands with that name.

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
We are trying to come up with a name for our band. How can I find out band names that have been copywrited?
Bandname

Have to sign up, but I think it is free.

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We used Rockin Horse in my last band and there are quite a Rockin Horse or variations of the name on Reverbnation. I'd just pick one you like and go with it. Just make sure there's no local bands with that name.
I like Rockin horse! Would you mind if we consider it?

·
Premium Member
3,252 Posts
I like Rockin horse! Would you mind if we consider it?
No problem. Just don't use my logo. I paid to have that done and I'm thinking of making some beer coolers with the logo on it. If I ever start playing out again, we'll just use Rockin Horse East and Rockin Horse West or you can use Rocking Horse or Rock'n Horse. Lots of options. Just get the band going and get out there and play.

Here's a couple of covers on my Revernation site. Rockin Horse | Rock from Cobourg, ON, CA

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No problem. Just don't use my logo. I paid to have that done and I'm thinking of making some beer coolers with the logo on it. If I ever start playing out again, we'll just use Rockin Horse East and Rockin Horse West or you can use Rocking Horse or Rock'n Horse. Lots of options. Just get the band going and get out there and play.

Here's a couple of covers on my Revernation site. Rockin Horse | Rock from Cobourg, ON, CA
I would never use your logo. I was thinking Crazy Horse as well. My logo: a black stallion rearing on it’s hind legs with whatever else the artist’s mind conjures up. My hubby has a friend who is a graphic artist and I will pick her brains for ideas if we use this concept.

I have about 7 names that I have thought up. We might have to put an equal number of ideas in a hat and just pick one.

For now I think we just want to be a classic rock cover band. I do have some lyrics for songs stashed away if we ever get to doing original material. I have been told that my lyrics are very dark. I have taken personal life situations and used those. It’s cathartic.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts