The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you think the coolest guitar manufacture is. For me I'd have to say eastwood. See i love oddball guitars and that seems to make

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
I found one of these in my neighbor's shed about 20 years ago. It was a Harmony not an Airline. The copper paint was worn and you could see clearly that it was a single piece of wood not a set neck.

There was a Harmony amp also. I cleaned them up and sold them on eBay for my neighbour. The guitar went to Germany for about the same money as Eastwood wants today. The amp went to Nova Scotia.

There was also an old Shure microphone (went to Chicago), a DeArmond archtop pickup (to Switzerland), and a Supro lap steel (to Alberta).

H44

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found one of these in my neighbor's shed about 20 years ago. It was a Harmony not an Airline. The copper paint was worn and you could see clearly that it was a single piece of wood not a set neck.

There was a Harmony amp also. I cleaned them up and sold them on eBay for my neighbour. The guitar went to Germany for about the same money as Eastwood wants today. The amp went to Nova Scotia.

There was also an old Shure microphone (went to Chicago), a DeArmond archtop pickup (to Switzerland), and a Supro lap steel (to Alberta).

H44
The cool thing is that the new ones are probably better made but the took the time to keep the key features that separated them from the rest

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
Who do you think the coolest guitar manufacture is. For me I'd have to say eastwood. See i love oddball guitars and that seems to make

For me it's Larrivee. Don't know what it is about them but everyone I've played I've wanted it. For electrics it's Gibson all the way. Not fancy expensive Gibsons but the lower end Studios and Specials. They are a lot of guitar for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For me it's Larrivee. Don't know what it is about them but everyone I've played I've wanted it. For electrics it's Gibson all the way. Not fancy expensive Gibsons but the lower end Studios and Specials. They are a lot of guitar for a reasonable price.
I find the not so fancy gibson is were its with gibson. The two i played was 1099 ana 2099 and the 1099 tribute kicked ass

·
Registered
18,560 Posts

I hear you. I used to look at their models quite often, thinking I would order one. I never did but I agree they are cool looking to me as well.

Another oddball one that comes to mind doesn't seem to fit in that category anymore because of who helped design it is the Ibanez JEM. I am not a lover of the strat style but that model is unique enough to appeal to me.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
How about Brian May's guitar?

Reactions: KapnKrunch

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 63 SG Standard, 62 Fender Princeton and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,191 Posts
I hear you. I used to look at their models quite often, thinking I would order one. I never did but I agree they are cool looking to me as well.

Another oddball one that comes to mind doesn't seem to fit in that category anymore because of who helped design it is the Ibanez JEM. I am not a lover of the strat style but that model is unique enough to appeal to me.
Here's your chance!

https://guitarscanada.com/index.php?threads/ibanez-jem-777vdy-price-drop.226700/#post-2369664

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 63 SG Standard, 62 Fender Princeton and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,191 Posts
I like the simplicity of both Kauer and Koll guitars. And though it's cosmetics, rather than design, I dig the boomerang formica.
Mine is a 2011 and the 15th Jr made. As far as I know was part of a limited run 5 or 6 with a formica top. The newer models are much fancier. You can tell when inspecting mine that the majority of the work was done by hand. Totally awesome axe that will go to one of my kids when I kick the bucket.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Kauer do make some cool guitars.

EBMM have some funky models and the necks are some of the best in the business.
I've owned several over the years and they were all stellar builds.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I'm with Kerry, and anyone else who rolls with Larrivee. Considering the influence Jean has had, and continues to have, on the Canadian/global fine guitar scene, I've got to cast my vote for JCL. The dude's totl cool, and so is the Co. he keeps. :cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts