The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally got the Motorola 6412 III firewire drivers installed on my Vista PC. This allows me to capture recorded content as MPEG2 stream files in it's native format. 1080i + 5.1 Surround.

1 hr is a 7GB file. :eek:

I then remux them with tsconverter, basically converting them to DVR-MS files which takes about 8 minutes for every hour recorded. DVR-MS is Microsoft's recorded TV format for Media Center.

Why am I happy, well now I can move my 6+ hours of awesome HD concert footage to my Vista PC and stream them back anytime I want using my Xbox 360. This goes for any content that I record on my PVR. No longer is the PVR's 120GB a bottle neck and now I have many backup options.

Concerts I have saved so far:

Whitesnake in London (2004)
Collective Soul (2006)
Velvet Revolver (2006)
Sammy Hagar (2006)
Incubus (2004)

Concerts I'm waiting to catch next time they are on(they rotate them quite often):

Joe Satriani
Vince Gill and Friends
Robert Randolph Family Band
Derek Trucks Band
A.K & Union Station
Styx (with youth orchestra)

End of nerd talk!!

·
Premium Member
2,199 Posts
Seems like a lot of work, but I agree with you about the HD concerts, it really adds a lot. I saw the joe satriani one in HD and it was very good.

I'm really looking forward to affordable HD DVD's...

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Seems like a lot of work, but I agree with you about the HD concerts, it really adds a lot. I saw the joe satriani one in HD and it was very good.

I'm really looking forward to affordable HD DVD's...

It's actually not that bad. You just hit record on the PC as you are watching the footage. A 10-15 convert afterwards and it's ready for Media Center.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
2,199 Posts
Excellent, I really appreciate that. I'll see if I can get that up and running in the next couple of weeks (need to pick up a new video card first)

Scott

·
Registered
1 Posts
Also the converter to TS format for the media center

http://www.converttsfiles.com/

HD videos conversion including mts m2ts avchd mxf tod mod formats transcoding.

·
Registered
7,689 Posts
Cool way to do things. Reminds me of my younger years playing the radio with my finger over the record button waiting to see if the next song was one I wanted. I wonder what the slime RIAA would think of it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts