The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for something cool with one or more p90's. It's a flavour of guitar I've never really experienced and would love to try! I've play les paul and sg juniors and specials which I absolutely love, so something like that, maybe in a cool colour would be awesome! Looking to spend $1200 or less.

Thanks!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Yamaha PAC611HFM....come with a p-90 and a Duncan bucker in the bridge that can be split with the tone pot. paid $500.00 for mine new, flat black body with flame maple veneer over alder matching headstock on the black one....came in brown and blue...made in Indonesia, first time I bought an MII, craftsmanship is up to Yamaha standards, satin neck...mine is very flamed but less pronounced because of the finish. I watched a Scandinavian guy put one through it's paces on you tube and it sounded so good in his hands....not quite as impressive in mine...but still a beautiful guitar that can handle all kinds of tones and styles, sadly I can not. There were two variations of this guitar, mine is the one with the black p-90, pick guard and body I see other versions with white p-90, not sure which model came first but possible the back p-90 version came later. Look around the web, lots of info on them out there, used they must be a genuine bargain. Bought it because I missed my USA II guitars I had in Japan, same quality and workmanship.

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
If you're diligent, you can still find used Gibson dual P-90 Melody Maker Specials (w/ wraptail & full-size headstock) for about half your budget. If you're really diligent (and just a bit lucky), you might find a used 2019/2020 SG Special in Sparkling Burgundy or Pelham Blue for something close to your budget. Those are 2 great options if you're ok with thinner bodies.

·
Premium Member
5,328 Posts
Les Paul specials

·
Premium Member
3,818 Posts
There was a godin icon type 3 for sale here recently
With three Lollars.

[ I A/B'd the Melody Maker with the Godin Core and bought the Godin. Slightly better for slightly less. Same as you, just wanted to try P90's. They are good, but I am not that impressed. I like microphonic 1960's Zen-on gold foils better. Got three of those at a yard sale for $2. Now I am gassing for 'trons and DeArmonds. Always something...]

·
Registered
235 Posts
Not sure where you are located but this one is near Ottawa.

I had one similar and really like it.

·
Banned
228 Posts
I just got a Gustavsson Bluesmaster Jr it’s the best Jr. I’ve ever played Vintage or otherwise incredible guitars!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts