The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 873 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
Cool is a relative term (I think VH was cool around this time). Every time I try to play the RO (ORiginal) version of this, the VH one keeps creeping in. I ain't even a floyd guy, but I still bigsby and feedback the crap out of it.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have always known Midler to be a good singer but never really liked the way she sang. I enjoyed her singing there.

One more.......

·
Registered
15,866 Posts
Sure, you've heard it a ton of times--but I still say it's cool
Woodstock

Reactions: Lincoln and fretzel

·
Registered
15,866 Posts
Studio with Jimmy Page-
Here's that whole album--7 out of 10 songs are cool covers...

·
Registered
15,866 Posts
One cover by Devo-
And one cover of a Devo song...

(Not normally into Devo--but I like that cover--and I like how Soundgarden did their song.

Reactions: fretzel

·
Registered
12,952 Posts
luckily, i'm here to hook you up.

this is the coolest way to play it

were the stones EVER this cool?

i wanted to post "so wrong" by mel tillis, recorded by patsy cline, but covered by pam tillis. unfortunately, you can't listen to the studio version in canadia because some asshole always fucks shit up, so no pam tillis singing, no hulu, and tons of other things that come up "not available in your country"
every time i see that, i want to go find the person responsible, and stab them hundreds and hundreds of times, and then light them on fire, and scatter the ashes over a garbage dump.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
^^^^^haha!!! You might want to see somebody about that. LOL! Like the stoner AoS. Gotta say though, my fave cover that Monster Magnet does is Evil. Technically a cover of a cover. The band Cactus featured guitar picker Jim McCarty who would later go on to form the Rockets(see above). Also played on Bob Seger's Seven album and was the other Jimmy in Hendrix' Jimi/Jimmy Jam.

1 - 20 of 873 Posts