The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been looking for older Peavey amps for awhile, especially Bandits, because that's what I could afford in high school in the 80s and some sound quite good.
I have found a few, a red stripe Bandit, a Special 130, a Stereo Chorus 400, and this . I still remember going to Buds as a teenager and buying a 50 watt Solo Series Bandit, grinning from ear to ear. I got another exact same model in like new condition in a local deal. It looks like it came right from the store to someone's closet. It may not be my best sounding amp but I am glad to have found it.
Electronics Subwoofer Electronic instrument Loudspeaker Audio equipment
Electronics Audio equipment Electronic instrument Subwoofer Loudspeaker

·
Registered
662 Posts
Old peaveys are a lot of fun. They might not get the best tone, but they're indestructible and have their own quirks. I'm really enjoying the audition chorus I purchased recently.

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
Cool amps. I've got a Special 120 of the same era - bought it new in about 1982 (you know, back when we understood transistors were taking over). I mod'd the Pull Thick function to work with the footswitch instead of reverb (I'll never footswitch reverb, ever). That made it a 2.5 channel amp - although when activating the Pull Thick on the fly, it was pretty heavy-handed.

It's a great clean platform, which is why I bought the more powerful version. While not the greatest, I came to terms with the overdrive channel. In a loud jam mix, I could get buy. I haven't even plugged it in in a decade. You are making me want to dig it out, just to take a stroll down memory lane. I should tap it into a better speaker cab, just to give it a fair run.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts