The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

Cookie sheets..WTF???

1K views 27 replies 18 participants last post by  ga20t 
Don't know what you did there (LOL), but I'd recommend just buying heavy gauge aluminum pans, silicone mats, parchment and cooking spray (olive, coconut, whatever). Should easily outlast you.

You need to season stoneware, pour some oil suitable for high heat on there and rub it in. Grapeseed would do the trick , you could also cook some greasy food on there like wings or fries or as a previous member mentioned a light coating of cornmeal or semolina flour. The more you use them the better they work. Bet you can't tell which I've had longest ;)
The only reason I have a new one at all is that I wanted to try doing pizza on the bbq and didn't want to risk breaking old faithful.
View attachment 230480
+1. Also: a good, long pre-heat. If the stone is properly heated, you get a good rise and the crust forms rapidly, before it gets a chance to bake into the stone. Liquids are not as big a problem once a good crust is set.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.