The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok...my cookie sheets are two weeks old. Obviously, that's when they are due to be replaced.
So...I go to a very high end store..and pay a premium for "high quality" cookie sheets. I bring them home, re-heat one slice of pizza....and the entire sheet is covered in a thick black impenetrable thick black crust that crackles and oozes when I take it out of the oven.
How the hell do I buy a friggin' freakin' cookie sheet that does not look like the apocalypse after one use???
Seriously...its getting me down.

This is my brand new 640$ cookie sheet after 6 minutes in an oven at 325 degrees.......

burnt_cookie_sheet_l2.jpg

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 65 Fender Tremolux and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,109 Posts

·
Registered
24,359 Posts
Looks like something that was supposed to have been removed, prior to first use, wasn't.

It's a common mistake, made by eager users. Forty years ago, when I was courting my now-wife, I bought a Kodak/Polaroid "instant" camera. It was the type where each picture is a sealed sort of cartridge containing developing fluid, and the fluid gets squeezed and distributed over the film, as it is ejected after you snap the photo. Those familiar with the technology, or with the OutKast tune "Hey Yeah", will know that you continue to shake the picture once it is squirted out of the camera to more evenly distribute the developing fluid and accelerate the emergence of the image.

Anyway, I had just come from buying it, and hadn't read the instructions in the box I was carrying. As planned, I knocked on her apartment door, and stood a few paces back to take her surprised photo when she opened it. As expected, she had a stunned look on her face when I snapped the pic, flash going off. The camera spat out....something. I took it and shook it as I thought I should, and we waited. We waited. And we waited. I told her what it was, and assured her that the picture would come momentarily, and we would cherish it. And the thing it spat out remained black, because - as I would have known had I taken a few minutes to comb through the manual, between the store and her place - each film cartridge contained a protective unit, the size of a picture, to cover the first piece of film. The surprise soon moved from her face to mine.

So, it happens.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
My advice ? Never cook a pizza sauteed with red wine on a brand new cookie sheet.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I have cookie sheets from Costco that are now over 10 years and look as they almost did when I bought them and yes parchment paper is your friend and there is no way even with any thing left on there at a pre heated over there is no way to burn the pan like that maybe you accidently placed your oven on clean mode because 325 just won't do that. ( well maybe if you left it there for say 1 week )

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Don't know what you did there (LOL), but I'd recommend just buying heavy gauge aluminum pans, silicone mats, parchment and cooking spray (olive, coconut, whatever). Should easily outlast you.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts