The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Which shop do you think is the best for consignment in the GTA out of the: the 12th fret, Capule Music or Shyboy Guitars? Most foot traffic , online presence, repeat customers etc. Any personal stories welcome.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
I don’t know if they have the same online or foot traffic as the 12th Fret, but Shyboy only charges 10% on a high-end item. Brad & Tony are good dudes too.*

*not implying lack of gnarliness at other stores

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
I would suggest it depends somewhat on what you're trying to sell. Each has their own sort of 'specialty', and client base. For example:
12th Fret is renowned for their high end acoustic guitars. I would try to sell a Lowden there before using Lil Demon (with all due respect to Gian).

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Another option that might be good depending on the item is Paul's Boutique. They always have cool/funky stuff and they definitely do consignment.

·
Premium Member
17,190 Posts
I consigned a ltd edition prs with the guitar shop in port credit and that went fairly quick. Lots of high end gear and clients at that store, often. I cant remember the percentage but it was reasonable.

·
Premium Member
17,617 Posts
I consigned a ltd edition prs with the guitar shop in port credit and that went fairly quick. Lots of high end gear and clients at that store, often. I cant remember the percentage but it was reasonable.
Wonderful store with great gear (acoustic and electric) and friendly staff.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
They are the premier PRS dealer in ON. And also good dudes.

+1 on trying to sell your gear in a store with a clientele that will match up well.

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
You are doing the right thing - research. Check the stores out thoroughly.
Back about 30 years, i left a fairly rare Ovation Eclipse at a store for consignment. After about a month i thought i would check on it, and the store was gone, as was my guitar.
That store had been in business for years, and then gone.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
+1 on the guys at The Guitar Shop being top shelf. I was in there about a month ago - didn't end up getting anything, but they were super helpful, and I'd definitely buy from them.

Also really decent guys at KAOS on Bloor West - I think they do 18% on consignment though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts