The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,613 Posts

Thank you. I'm humbled (some might say I could use a bit of humbling, LOL). To have this happen when it's not exactly a secret that this is an unconventional finish in the context of guitars.......

The credit is all due to Amanda.

All I try to do is to make these functional. They're really not wall hangers. I would never want someone to pick one up and say, well it looks really nice but as a guitar it's a piece of shit.

These really play well, and stay in tune. Balance is also a real concern of mine. Every one is balanced so that the neck rises to your hand just slightly.

I guess I'm just trying not to have the art work dimished or lacking credibility because of my impact. That's not cheap, but it's well worth it.

·
Registered
421 Posts
See..... I'm torn. If I upvote this, does that mean The Peart isn't the best Amandacaster?

All kidding aside..... it should be obvious by now that "partscaster" isn't necessarily an epithet, and you can get some fantastic playing visually awesome guitars that are 100% unique, without having to pay Fender custom shop prices. All my other guitars can be replaced, with varying levels of difficulty. There is only one The Peart.... and it's mine.

·
Premium Member
19,613 Posts
See..... I'm torn. If I upvote this, does that mean The Peart isn't the best Amandacaster?

All kidding aside..... it should be obvious by now that "partscaster" isn't necessarily an epithet, and you can get some fantastic playing visually awesome guitars that are 100% unique, without having to pay Fender custom shop prices. All my other guitars can be replaced, with varying levels of difficulty. There is only one The Peart.... and it's mine.
The Peart is bad assed. The artwork is insane, and nothing but the best quaility parts went into that one. It was beyond fun and a joy to put together.

The Balrog, and Sting both of which went out to @Johnny Spune were really cool too. I love them all.

·
Registered
15,914 Posts
Cool

Congrats

·
Premium Member
19,613 Posts
Today the kit I selected as a little perk for winning GOTM arrived.

It looks really nice. I'll probably use different pickups, but the wood looks beautiful and the bridge is a really cool design.

So far I'm impressed.

Musical instrument String instrument Wood Flooring Floor

Musical instrument Guitar accessory Wood String instrument accessory Musical instrument accessory

What's that on the side.....
Auto part Gas Metal Fashion accessory Office equipment

Hmmm, magnetically mounted.....
Automotive tire Asphalt Coil spring Road surface Font

Speed winder. How cool is that?
Typewriter Office supplies Office equipment Bullet Font

·
Registered
1965 Fender Mustang, Ampegs, anything to test an amp.
2,084 Posts
Today the kit I selected as a little perk for winning GOTM arrived.

It looks really nice. I'll probably use different pickups, but the wood looks beautiful and the bridge is a really cool design.

So far I'm impressed.

View attachment 389521

View attachment 389522

What's that on the side.....
View attachment 389523

Hmmm, magnetically mounted.....
View attachment 389524

Speed winder. How cool is that?
View attachment 389525
Very cool...next years model will be ratcheting.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts