The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this book up a while back, any other books that anyone can suggest that may be helpful? (Also have 2 sons that want to learn how to play)

·
Registered
365 Posts
I guess it depends what you're looking for. Books based on heavy theory (reading music, scales) or based on technique?

I can upload a couple books if someone doesn't mind file sharing.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I know Ernie Ball (the string company) makes a series of instruction books that I have heard were good. Also ther are many websites such as www.wholenote.com

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Hey when I started I found about.com very helpful, they have a ton of lessons that are great to get you started off. I have bought tons of books, some helpful some not. I think it depends on how motivated you are and how much you love it.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I found "about.com" to be very helpful too.
If you're looking for (person to person) type of learning, you might want to try "justinguitar.com" by Justin Sandercoe. It's free. Go to his YouTube link and give it a try...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks alot for the help, I really want to learn how to play and so do the kids (would take lessons but with 3 of us it would cost a small fortune!!!)
I will definately be checking out the websites when I get home from work tonight!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts