The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
After the fact, I noticed on my PRS that the D string was out of its saddle on the bridge. There is a bit of a volume drop in the video. This was recorded on my iPhone and not sure if its a good representation. It sounded mighty fine in the room and I continue to dig my RedPlate Blackline amp. The attenuator is used for another amp as the MV on the Blackline is solid.

Musical instrument Grille Font Gas Classic

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
For me, PRS followed very closely by the Knaggs. Les Paul's not doing it for me. Sonically I always find them to be a bit of a bull in a china shop.
Exactly same for me

Reactions: Alex

·
Premium Member
19,065 Posts
Hey Alex did you take the video with your phone and sync to logic? If so Im looking to do that myself.

·
Premium Member
4,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Hey Alex did you take the video with your phone and sync to logic? If so Im looking to do that myself.
no, it was live using LP. Guitars are running through an AXE FX, then Apogee Duet into Logic Pro. The bass and drums were recorded in Logic Pro. This way, the volume from all the parts is coming from one source, my powered monitors, and easier to handle for the iPhone mic.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
The Knaggs edged out the other two guitars to my ear, but not by much really. (Those are three fine SC’s!)

Your consistency of playing and tone is excellent, Alex; thanks for taking the time to record and post this cool comparison.

Reactions: Alex
21 - 32 of 32 Posts