The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm basically down to colours picked out for my telly build . I know a local fella whom builds guitar in fact he made one for Keith Richards a few years back.

So my tuff chooses are double bound car and double bound daphne blue both are stunning . But what to choose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
18,787 Posts
Personally, I'd go for the Daphne Blue.

Who is the local luthier that made a guitar for Keith Richards?

Looking froward to pics of the build.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Out of your choices (thats the way to spell it), I would pick red. I love red guitars, specifically Gibsons Heritage Cherry on LPJr DC's and SG's.

If it was me picking the color, double bound black.

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
It doesn't really matter what we think. It's your guitar. However, if you choose anything but CAR, I'll be mad.:)

·
Premium Member
3,818 Posts
"Try Blue! It's the new Red!"

Sent from my other brain.

Reactions: Budda

·
Premium Member
1,385 Posts
If you're doing Daphne and you need source for the lacquer I have both the blue NGR tint and the white lacquer base, and probably also have litre of Daphne already mixed up, send me a PM and I can send you a small can, enough to colour Tele body... the tint and white base can be used to make any shade of Daphne, the stuff I already have mixed looks exactly like the shameless self promotion pictured below.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Some of his stuff

Those are some fine looking guitars, the three tone burst and the black one, they are my favourites.
What kind of cash is involved in purchasing one of his guitars and how many years from order date to delivery.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Those are some fine looking guitars, the three tone burst and the black one, they are my favourites.
What kind of cash is involved in purchasing one of his guitars and how many years from order date to delivery.
I think he said one time when I was first looking 8 months or so I'm not sure on cash

1 - 20 of 26 Posts