The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 63 SG Standard, 62 Fender Princeton and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,191 Posts
I used to when I was young, single and put gel in my hair. 2 kids, 2 cats and a house later I'm usually perfumed with puke, poop, B/O and/or random pieces of various meals.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
I haven't worn any in decades. Many people are allergic to scents and more and more we are seeing areas with signs saying "No Scent Zone". The problem lies in the fact that in the past perfumes and cologne was made with natural substances but now most are made with chemicals as it is cheaper. Many people are allergic to these chemicals. I had a friend who would get migraines from some of the scents people wore.

It is a kindness to abstain from wearing any scents if you are going to be in a public place.

Reactions: oldfartatplay

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
No , hate it .
Some scents will almost shut down my lungs,so I try to avoid them all..
I've had to get off of elevators before .
Almost made my wife get out and walk once too...

ALMOST

...we had a discussion ,then I drove with my head out the window .

·
Registered
11,654 Posts
I should be able to wear as much perfume as I want, eat peanut butter in a crowded gondola and send my unimmunized kids to public schools!

What is this, communist Russia? Ohh yea, it isn't!

·
Registered
9,463 Posts
Perfume or colognes give me migraines! That's one of my triggers!

If I am around someone with it on, I usually hightail it to the great outdoors just to get some fresh air!

Do you remember that obnoxious cologne called Brut? Omg you could smell aperson a mile away! WTF were the thinking? It smelled so pungent, like they took a friggin' bath in it! Or, Old Spice! That was my dad's favorite! When he got dressed up to go out dancing with my mother he would plaster that shit everywhere. My mom would wear really stinky shit too! I often wandered what would it be like to sit in the backseat of the vehicle. The combo of perfume and cologne insulting the nostrils. During winter with the windows sealed tight! Puke!

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Perfume or colognes give me migraines! That's one of my triggers!

If I am around someone with it on, I usually hightail it to the great outdoors just to get some fresh air!

Do you remember that obnoxious cologne called Brut? Omg you could smell aperson a mile away! WTF were the thinking? It smelled so pungent, like they took a friggin' bath in it! Or, Old Spice! That was my dad's favorite! When he got dressed up to go out dancing with my mother he would plaster that shit everywhere. My mom would wear really stinky shit too! I often wandered what would it be like to sit in the backseat of the vehicle. The combo of perfume and cologne insulting the nostrils. During winter with the windows sealed tight! Puke!
When I was a kid, I'd be in the car with my dad chain smoking with the windows up. Cough.

·
Registered
9,463 Posts
When I was a kid, I'd be in the car with my dad chain smoking with the windows up. Cough.
I forgot that my mom and dad used to both smoke but my dad quit. My mom thought nothing of sitting in the house smoking!

I remember it was the dead of winter sitting in the back seat watching my parents have contests to see who could blow the most smoke rings. My brothers and I sat there and cheered for whatever team! Just craziness! Now a days no one in their right mind would do that but back then no one thought any different.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts