The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for advice on a smallish amp for coffee house type gigs and band practice. Must be able to handle voice. I have a small pedal board (tuner, noise gate, delay and Joyo AM running through the gate loop) that I would use. I play mostly clean for this stuff but will occasionally drive the Joyo to get a BF sound. I play a Peavey USA Strat most of the time.

Three things come to mind; small PA, acoustic guitar amp (2 channel Mic and instrument), or keyboard amp. I'm leaning toward the first two, and honestly the second as it's more grab and go. Fender, Fishman, a bunch of folks make these. I'd like to be under $300 (Fenders all day at that price, Fishman is a bit more).

Thoughts/suggestions? Thx

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
As mentioned Fishman Loudbox mini. It is excellent for the venues mentioned.
Works for me and my bandmates very well.

·
Premium Member
2,461 Posts
I used the newer Traynor Acoustic Master Mini for a small outdoor gig and it was pretty impressive, especially for the size. It’s light, loud and sounds good. I ran my acoustic through it for that one and it was very true to the sound. I played my Tele through it at home and it also sounded good. It might be worth checking one out. I think it weighs about 15lbs, too.

·
Premium Member
11,823 Posts
Check out the Vox Adio Air GT. 50 watts, lightweight, room filling stereo sound. I gig with it.
I've read good things about these. In fact, the main criticism I hear is that it "looks like gramma's purse". And whose to say gramma's purse can't have some good stuff in it?

upload_2018-8-31_7-51-26.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2,461 Posts

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That Vox looks interesting for size, specs, and price. Does it support a microphone?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts