The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
California distinguished itself once again in March by requiring coffee vendors to put cancer warnings on their products.

California's cancer warning on coffee is ridiculously unscientific, experts say. Here's why the state puts warnings on more than 1,000 foods, places, and chemicals.

Now another state agency has taken the time to review 1,000 scientific studies by the World Health Organization and failed to find any evidence that drinking coffee causes cancer.

Coffee drinking doesn’t pose a cancer risk after all, says California health agency

Maybe bacon will be declared safe and healthy.

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
I'm sure playa99 disagrees. And if you put milk or cream in it, you'll probably immediately drop dead or explode, a la Scanners. Conspiracists. LOL

·
Premium Member
13,360 Posts
Maybe bacon will be declared safe and healthy.
Tongue-in-cheek I assume, but as long as it doesn't have nitrates/nitrites and other such things in it, then if may be safe,... but healthy? With all that saturated animal fat. Not likely

P.S I just had a bacon, tomato, egg and cheddar on 7 grain toast for brunch. (And an extra Vitamin C) Not a common thing I have given the price of all natural bacon and living on a fixed retirement income. I usually grab two packs when it 40% or more off on sale. One in the freezer for later,

Coffee. I have one large strongly brewed cup at home every morning and that is the LAST thing I would ever give up.

·
Premium Member
11,679 Posts
As a cancer survivor who's been through the Ontario health care system, I would be surprised if there was a cancer risk to coffee simply because I've never been asked about my coffee intake. I've been asked endlessly and repeatedly about tobacco, alcohol, recreational and prescription drugs, diet, work environment, family medical history, but I don't remember ever being asked about coffee.

I drink coffee.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Over the last forty years, I have seen a few studies trying to put coffee on the culprit bench.
In the "80, it was about pancreatic cancer... None succeeded !

Maybe because some coffee comes from same countries as cocaine ?
While cocaine dramatically accelerates arteriosclerosis, coffee "fails" to do so !
Nor does coffee alter your cholesterol balance !

I have always been a "moderate" coffee drinker... :)

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
If one were to give up coffee and bacon, they would probably live an extra 10 years. Or would that joyless life, missing out on the finer things, just seem like it was 10 years longer? Hmmmm.........

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
If one were to give up coffee and bacon, they would probably live an extra 10 years. Or would that joyless life, missing out on the finer things, just seem like it was 10 years longer? Hmmmm.........
There is no proof of that...

In laws and parents in theyre mid 80's and going strong like kids having coffee and bacon !...

·
Premium Member
3,822 Posts
Room Property Kitchen Countertop Cabinetry
Look, I’m not a religious kinda guy, but first thing this morning, the “divine light” is hitting the “Daddy Go Juice” machine........well.....it makes you wonder......

Reactions: Frenchy99

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
There is no proof of that...

In laws and parents in theyre mid 80's and going strong like kids having coffee and bacon !...
Yes, I also believe there is no causal relationship between the two. My statement was really about living a life that seems to go by in a flash.

In the little town I grew up, I didn't even hear of vegetarians until I was in my teens. And still really didn't believe it was a thing until I was in my 20s. And there are a lot of elderly in that little town that haven't succumbed to their caffeine and meat diet.

Reactions: Frenchy99
1 - 17 of 17 Posts