The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Omg I clicked in a panic. I thought you were going to say he's dead. Whew ! Yes, I didn't realize he could get creative, under Mel's thumb. Great vid.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Good illustration on why it's important to learn some theory and how it applies to song structure. Bass players seem to be the unsung heroes in a lot of iconic bands. Paul McCartney during his Beatle years, Pete Cetera with Chicago are two who come to mind. They both took their training and knowledge of theory to the n'th degree and crafted song defining bass lines.
I remember taking up bass for a few years back in the late 80's and early 90's. I thought it would be an easy way to open up a few more opportunities to play and I remember clearly how it was fairly easy to become a bass player but quite challenging to become a GOOD bass player. I developed a whole new respect for bassists that I still have today. My son started playing bass last fall and like most he started by copying songs. I was so happy a few months ago when he said he wants to take formal lessons and learn not just the "whats" but the "why's" of playing.

·
Registered
9,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I always thought Cliff Williams was an awesome bass player!

I never realized that bass playing was just as complex as lead or rhythm.

I love slap bass.

Larry you did a fine job of playing slap bass at RW. Such a cool sound!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts