The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I pooped into a music store I hadn't been to for a while, and while I was checking out their string prices, (I have lots of spares now--but just checking for future reference), and I saw classical strings with ball ends--I guess so you don't have to tie them on.

Has anybody tried these?
Do they affect your tone?

I have no problem with tying my classical strings on, but whenever there's an option that speeds up changing strings I like to check it out.

Who knows I may pick up a set of these & my regular Augustine Reds next time (just in case the ballends don't work out.)

Unfortunately I forget the brand.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
finally...I never thought the string makers would catch one hahaha. It must be a pain to have to tie those things, so yeah this sure sounds like an awesome idea.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
hi
a ball end string would be a good idea if your guitar was older and your saddle was shaved down to improve the action. the more you shave off the lower the break angle coming up to the saddle peak, less transfer of tone to the guitars top. guess itd be easier thn tying the things lol.
when i see a low break angle onna saddle i use little beads, glass or wood, you get from a craft store- tie a knot in the string, slide it on and string it up as if it was a ball end.

·
Registered
14,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tying the strings is no big deal--once you get used to it, it goes quickly--I'm more asking if anybody's tried them, and what they think of the tone.

But thanks for weighing in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts